Chapter 31

Hey guys.

I tried to get out two chapters today but Chp 32 just isn't ready yet. College is back in session. Ya'll know how my updates get when that happens. LOL.

Love you guys. But Jesus loves you more!

Stay tuned.

SYMONE'S POV

"Did you send this to me?"

Brea's early morning text message requesting that I meet her in the computer lab during lunch hour was random in itself. When I arrived to find Alex in attendance, sitting at his desk, I was completely thrown off. At the moment she had her phone in my face where I watched the video of Alex and Brea slipping out of the writer's lab after school. My first thought was that the video was recent. "Are you two still--"

"No, we're not." Alex stopped me. "That's over."

Brea shook her head. "Are you sure you didn't tell anyone--"

"No Brea," I cut her off. "I didn't, I swear."

Brea cradled her head. "If this gets out we could both be in serious trouble. We could be suspended from the paper or worst, kicked off the committee period."

Alex shook his head. "Chill. Whoever sent this hasn't told anyone--"

"Yet." Brea bit out in irritation. "But they could tell someone. So we have to make a decision."

At this, Alex frowned. "You're not telling me that you're actually considering--"

"I mean what choice do we have?" Brea threw her hands up, then turned to me. "Listen, I won't literally kick you off the paper but it'll be like a—a break."

This time I frowned. "Why should I be punished for what you two were doing?"

"I agree with her." Alex nodded. "She had nothing to do this. This is our mess."

She sighed heavily. "Alex, I'm not doing this because I want to--"

"No you're doing it to save your ass." I clapped back.

"Symone don't be like that." Brea pleaded. "You're not kicked off the paper but for the next couple of weeks I need you to avoid the writing lab. Whoever sent this video is watching us."

"Brea no--" Alex objected.

Brea grabbed my shoulders causing me to look directly into her pleading eyes. "Just until we clear this all up."

"What about the newspaper competition?" I folded my arms over my belly.

"I can't submit your article without whoever's blackmailing us knowing that you're still apart of the paper." Brea reasoned.

"That's not fair." I shook my head. "Brea I've worked really hard on that article."

"I'll give you the front pager every month until we graduate." She offered with hopeful, raised eyebrows.

I cut my eyes at her. "How can you ask me to sacrifice my success to cover for you?"

Brea's eyes had welled up with tears. "Please Symone."

"No." I shook out of her hold. "No ma'am. If you don't submit my article I will go to Principal Meyers and tell her everything that's going on myself."

In less than a minute I was down the hallway leaving Brea standing stunned.

"Symone, wait up." Alex was next to me in moments.