Chapter 53

Hey ya'll, just wanted Zeke and Symone to have a moment alone in their new relationship. Hope you guys enjoy.

Love God, love all, love ya'll!

ZEKE's POV

"Oh, you were so cute!" Symone squealed as she pointed to a picture in the album Cesi had given her earlier. "How old were you here?"

We'd gone upstairs into the family room on the second floor. Symone had spread the album out on the coffee table. I watched as she flipped through the pages, endearment spread across her lips. She'd stopped on the photo of me in an awfully bright orange rain hat, coat and boots.

I looked like an orange.

I leaned forward to look at the photo. "Probably four years old."

"Your cheeks! You were so chubby." She placed her hand on her belly. "No wonder I feel like I'm carrying three tons in here."

Her belly had grown so much I was surprised she was able to sit and stand the way she did.

And that damned glow.

I'd heard every woman got it once pregnant.

But Symone's was like looking at the sun.

Except I could stare right at her without flinching. Her face was fuller, too.

"Speaking of cheeks." I reached over and gently nudged hers.

She grabbed her face in mock horror. "I know right, my face has gotten huge."

I neared her. "You're beautiful."

She examined her belly, then stood and gestured at it. "Dude, I'm a blimp."

"You're my blimp."

She instantly quieted.

I chuckled at her obvious awkwardness. "You always do that, you know."

She fidgeted with the bottom of her shirt. "Do what?"

"Get really still when I tell you how I feel about you." I reached over and unclenched her hand, then held it. "Tell me something."

She watched me with an expectant anxiousness.

"Am I your first?"

Her eyes widened then began to dart around. "Boy!"

My eyebrows shot up. "No, no, not that. I meant your first boyfriend."

She sighed in relief but then her hand went up to the nape of her neck awkwardly.

"I am, aren't I?"

She smoothed the back of her hair up apprehensively then turned away from me until her back was all I could see.

"Hey," I laughed. "Where are you going?"

"To hide somewhere."

"Where will you hide?"

"Anywhere." She inched further away from me.

"Get back here." I tugged her gently until she was standing near me again. "You're cute, you know that?"

Her lips twitched.

I pulled her back on the couch near me. My arm encircled around her shoulders than her waist. Her hands instantly landed on mine. She peered down at my arms around her, unsure.

She turned to me, our faces inches apart. "Zeke..."

I grinned. "What? Can't I hold you?"

She slowly smiled, her eyes dropped to her lap.