Chapter 42

hey loves.

I have really missed you all.

There is SOOOOO much that has happened in my life. I graduated from college and now I'm trying to figure out what to do with my life. I know I want to write--and I recently have started writing screenplays for movies that I want to film. I wish we could all sit down and talk about all of the craziness in our lives but instead here's another chapter of Raising Isaiah.

I really am hoping to end this story soon.

Love God, love All, love ya'll.

Mrs. Morgan had gotten wind of the baby shower from doing some own personal digging in the conversations of her associates around the office. She was semi acquainted in the world of medicine thanks to her colleagues in the law world. It had been Evelyn Redd, the grandmother, who had disclosed to some of her medical staff about the baby shower that had afforded Mrs. Morgan the information on the when and where of the party.

She planned to take full advantage of it too.

As she arrived at the Redd's quaint brownstone she sneered at how small the place was compared to her own home. Careful not to get snow on her designer boots she carefully tiptoed up the cleared path toward their front door.

"Mrs. Morgan?"

She swiveled around to find Amber standing outside the gate of the brownstone.

Though she was still annoyed by the girl's previous attempt to blackmail her she had yet to see the evidence and concluded that there was none. This was why she was able to half-heartedly smile at Amber. "Amberleigh, I'm surprised to see you here."

Amber crossed her arms. "I'm just visiting—"

"The mother of your ex-boyfriend's baby?" Mrs. Morgan turned around to face her fully. "Do you hear how ridiculous that sounds?"

"Why are you here?" Amber countered. "Aren't you afraid that the Redds know that you set my brother up to assault their daughter?"

Mrs. Morgan smoothed her bang across her face. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

Amber bristled at Mrs. Morgan nonchalance. "Your day is coming, believe me."

Mrs. Morgan chuckled. "Oh Amber, honey, come down from that self-righteous soap box of yours. You're condemning me when you're obviously here to get whatever it is you want from Symone too, right? Surely you're not here to celebrate the mother of your ex-boyfriend's child."

Amber glared back at Mrs. Morgan in defiance. "That's none of your business."

Truthfully, she had come to retrieve the emails from Symone. She didn't know how she was going to get them, but she had hoped the baby shower was the perfect distraction. She'd figure out a way to search the place and get those emails if it was the last thing she did. Though it killed her to do so, she'd even gone and bought a few things for the baby as a brief peace offering gift. She had no plans on becoming friends with Symone, but she had to gain her trust if she wanted the emails. However, she hadn't planned on Mrs. Morgan showing up.

"Tell me," Mrs. Morgan dust some of the falling snow off her expensive coat. "Does this have anything to do with you getting back with my son?"

Amber was silent.

"Child," Mrs. Morgan sneered. "If you'd let some of that foolish anger go you'd see we are playing for the same team. We both want to get rid of Symone. So, tell me, how much do you really want my son back? Because I can arrange that."