Chapter 16

Hey loves,

Here's the newest part of Raising Isaiah.

This chapter and the next are kind of short simply because I'm still taking my college finals so I've been busy like crazy but as promised here's a chapter in Zeke's POV. Chapter 17 will be in his POV as well. I hope this gives you all a good idea of where Zeke's mind is at. I haven't completely cracked his personality myself yet so I'm thinking I'll pump out a few more chapters from his POV before we get back to Symone's thoughts. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU ALL THINK ABOUT THIS IDEA IN THE COMMENTS BELOW! I love it when you guys talk to me so comment like crazy!

"Alright, hit the showers ladies!" Coach Boden called out just as the ball I shot swished into the basket.

My friend Elijah dapped me up. "Still got it."

I smirked. "Never lost it."

He chuckled before he threw a black and red team towel at me. I swiped at the sweat that poured around my neck and face. Though my body was nearly always tired after practice I never ceased to feel invigorated afterwards. Running around the court with the ball in between my fingers accompanied by the steady thump thump thump of the basketball against the court floor was a welcomed escape from the constant bullshit that was currently my life.

"Aye man, you trying to hit up the wing spot after practice?" Elijah nudged me as we entered the locker room.

I threw my towel at him and he caught it swiftly. "Now you know if coach found out we were eating like that he'd be pissed."

Elijah's locker was right across from mine and as he played with the locker combination he communicated how much he didn't "give a fuck" about what coach thought we should and shouldn't be eating. "He don't pay my bills."

Just as I popped open my locker, Jeremy, Amber's brother and number thirteen on our team, rounded the corner. He must've heard Elijah bossing up because he walked in with a smirk. "Bruh, you don't pay your bills. Last time I checked you were living at home with your moms like the rest of us."

A few of our team mates who stood near us laughed and dapped Jeremy up in agreement. I choked out a laugh myself.

"Man forget that shit ya'll talking." Elijah waved Jeremy off. He turned to me again. "You riding or nah?"

I couldn't, not today at least.

I shook my head. "Nah man, I got somewhere to be."

And I did.

Earlier before practice I finally got the courage to reach out to Symone. The last time we talked I found her outside on a curb crying in the snow. I hadn't seen her around school as much but that was partly because I had been avoiding all of the places I thought she might be during school hours. I knew it was childish but I needed time to think and figure out what I needed to do to make things right. For the last couple of weeks I hadn't been able to face her or even deal with what I've been trying to deal with since the day she told me she was pregnant.

"Aye Z, you heard me?" Jeremy called over to me.

I snapped out of my thoughts. "My bad man, what's up?"

"I said are you going to the Rule of Law ball with my sister this year?"

I nodded. "Yeah, she was out with my moms getting a dress the other day."

"Bet." Jeremy nodded. Then he added, "I'm still looking for a date."

I exchanged my sport shorts for my jeans and pulled my undershirt over my head. "Your moms still tripping about the date you brought last year?"