The Reason I Don't Give Up

IM SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SOOOOOOOOOO SORRRY!!!! You HAVE to forgive me for not updating! I've been so busy I can't even tie my own shoes!!! I've had SO much going on! But I'm updating now and it'll be short but it's an update!!!! PLEASE don't hate me forever!!! I love you guys!!! Pleas comment what you think and if you hate me or not right now...lol here's the chap!!! Luff you!!

Kayla's POV

Right before I woke up...I remember faintly hearing a noise in the background. It sounded like someone screaming but I can't exactly tell. I was too far into sleep to know who was screaming and what they were screaming. I let out a groaned and tried to say something. But the pain shooting through my stomach caused me to shoot straight up, eyes wide open!

"YAY YOU'RE AWAKE!!! Kaya I'm hungwy," Amy said, sitting on my stomach. I ran a hand through my hair, and chuckled to myself. I pulled her into a hug. "Kaya....can we make breakfast now?" She asked me after we sat there hugging for a minute. I let out a laugh and pushed her off of me, grabbing a pillow and hitting her lightly with it. Her mouth dropped open in shock.

"KAYA!!! I wasn't ready!!! You must give me time to prepare!!" She said. I watched her carefully through narrowed eyes as she pushed the hair out of her face, and grabbed a pillow and hit me with it. At the shock I almost tumbled over the bed onto the floor. Amy laughed at my shocked expression before grinning at me.

"See now you are the one unprepared!" She laughed before jumping off the bed, and walking out the room. I got up, straightened out my pajama shorts and followed Amy to the kitchen. I watched from behind her as her bare feet barely made any noise as she walked down the hallway to the kitchen.

Just the sight of her made me want to cry. I love her too much. I'd risk my life for her. I'd risk anything for her. She's my whole world. She's the reason I don't give up and fall on the floor, broken. That's all because of her.

As I entered the kitchen, I opened the pantry and pulled out the pancake batter, setting it on the counter by the sink. I turned around prepared to go the the fridge to get milk and eggs when Amy stopped me dead in my tracks. She had to miniature race cars, rolling them into a pile of plasic toy dinosaurs on the floor while saying, "VROOM VROOM" loudly. I laughed and stepped around her.

Yes Amy's a girl, and yes she likes princesses, but she LOVES dinosaurs and race cars. She's not your normal three year old girl, but she's my baby sister so it kinda makes sense, not much, but just a little. Also by the fact that Niall helped raise her, so that might have something to do with it!

"Kaya can you sing for me?" Amy suddenly asked me.my eyes widened slightly as I began to mix the ingredients for pancakes.

"Sure baby girl,what do you want me to sing?" I asked her, still focusing on the food.

"Sing your favorite song to me." She sat patiently on the floor as I glanced at her. I took a moment to think what my favorite song was. I never actually have had to think about it. I scrunched my eyebrows together, in full on thinking mode. I suddenly smiled widely, thinking to myself.

"We both lie silently still in the dead of night

Although we both lie close together

We feel miles apart inside

Was it something I said

Or something I did

Did my words not come out right

Though I try not to hurt you

Yeah I try

But I guess that's why they say

Every rose has its thorns

Just like every night has its dawn

Just like every cowboy

Sings a sad, sad song

Every rose has its thorns"

I stopped singing and smiled to myself. When I didn't hear Amy behind me I suspected that she wanted me to continue. So I did.

"I listened to our favorite song

Playin on the radio

Hear the DJ say love's a game of

Easy come and easy go

But I wonder

Does he know?

Has he ever felt like this?

And I know that you'd be here right now

If I, I could let you know some how

Every rose has its thorns

Just like every night

Has its dawn

Just like every cowboy sings a sad

Sad song

Every rose has its thorns

I know it's been a while now

I can still feel so much pain

Like a knife that cuts you

The wound heals

But that scar

That scar remains

Every rose, every rose

Every rose has its thorns

Yeah

I know I could've saved a love that night

If I'd known what to say

Instead of makin' love

We both, mad rout separate ways

Now I hear door found somebody new

And I never meant that much to you

And to hear that tears me up inside and to see you cuts me like a knife

Every rose has its thorns

Just like every night has its dawn

Just like every cowboy sings a sad

Sad song

Every rose has its thorns

Yeah it does"

I felt a tear slip out of my eye and fell to my knees. I covered my eyes, not wanting Amy to see me break down like this. I need to stay strong for her. I can't back down, not when I have her to take care of. She means too much to me.

I looked up when I felt someone wrap their arms around my neck. Amy was giving me a hug. I smiled and pulled her close to me.

"I love you Kaya." Amy whispered to me.

"I love you too baby girl," I whispered back, holding her tight.