Chapter 86

"Fuck!" I yell, kicking the door as hard as I can, because apparently physical violence is how I express my negative emotions.

I also happen to remember that I can hit and kick pretty hard, to the point where I can break someone's jaw if I really want to, which is something I have done before. So damaging the door is quite possible, and as I step back to examine it, I have indeed fractured the wooden panelling at the bottom. Oops.

I don't particularly care though, because it's a door with no feelings or emotions, so I can beat it up all I want to take my anger out on. I advance on it again, preparing to slam my fist into the wood this time, but before I can someone knocks lightly on the other side. I open it, and come face to face with Maria.

"Oh, uh....hey." I greet her awkwardly, and she looks up at me with a slightly amused smile.

"I heard you yelling, and figured you got into a fight with Morgan. Can I come in?" She asks, but there's a certain gleam in her eyes that suggests that she probably wants to 'distract me'.

"Yeah, of course." I say, probably a little too enthusiastically.

I open the now slightly broken door all the way, and she walks in. I know I should probably tell her about Morgan and I, and how we're together-ish, but something is holding me back.

"You broke the door, by the way." She informs me, nodding down at the damage I inflicted upon the wood.

"Yeah, uh, my bad." I awkwardly scratch the back of my neck, then a random thought spontaneously saunters its way into my brain. "Um, weird question, what happened to you after you escaped from the tunnel in the wine cellar back in Juvie?"

Back when I caught her up on all the crazy shit that happened to me, I forgot to ask her about what happened to her after I died. Based on her mystified expression, however, I'm guessing she doesn't even know.

"Ummm....I can't remember, I'm sorry. Everything after disappearing into that hole is just complete darkness." She tells me apologetically.

"Right, because you're memories are my memories, so you only remember what I remember." I mumble to myself, staring at the ground thoughtfully.

"What?" She asks, because apparently she didn't hear me.

"Nothing," I sigh, shaking my head. "what is it that you want to talk about?"

Maria gives me a sweet smile, but her eyes are sparkling with lust. Uh oh, I can see where this is going. "I want to talk about us." She says quietly, draping her arms around my neck and leaning closer to me.

"Maria, I need to tell you something." I try to explain about Morgan and I, but I'm already becoming breathless.

"Tell me later, I just want to kiss you now." She pleads, and before I can stop her, she presses her lips against mine, and I can't resist.

We start to kiss passionately, and I find myself backing up against the wall. She presses me against it, and with my foot I close the door beside me. Our kisses become more aggressive, and I slowly peel away from her lips and latch onto her neck, sucking and biting at her skin. She starts to moan, and her hands move up into my hair and graze my scalp. I eventually reach her collarbone, then pull away, removing her shirt in the process. I reach for her bra, but she slowly starts to sink to the ground, keeping eye contact with me. When she makes it to her knees I know what she's about to do.

"Maria, I-" I try once again to tell her, but my body is already filled with pleasure, and I just can't control myself. I'm so insanely breathless anyway, so I give up and lean my head against the wall, closing my eyes and enjoying the sensation.

In a blur of pleasure she is soon done, and we go back to our heated make out session, although our kiss tastes slightly different, but I don't mind because apparently I taste good. We somehow make it over to the bed, and my shirt has mysteriously vanished, along with my pants. I take the remainder of her clothes off, and she does the same to me. I stay on the bottom, which doesn't happen often, but it's nice to switch it up sometimes.

I don't know how much time has passed, but I don't really give a shit. I just want to stay in this rhythm with Maria forever, and never let go. Unfortunately, it has to end eventually, and after a while we're lying side by side, breathing heavily and sweating like crazy.

I realize I totally just cheated, but this is the apocalypse, so do those kinds of morals exist in a world like this? Plus, Morgan and I never said out loud that we are together and we can't cheat. So really, I'm not doing anything wrong. I'm sure she and Jasper have something going on too, so I'm not the bad guy here, right?

I'm broken out of the excuses I'm conjuring up in my head by Maria saying breathlessly, "What was it that you wanted to tell me?"

I look at her and give her a complicated look. I know I should tell her. Even if Morgan and I aren't actually one hundred percent together, it still is the right thing to tell Maria that I hooked up with Morgan a few times. In my defence, that was before I knew Maria was alive, except for that time earlier today when we hooked up again in Alex's truck. I could bend the truth a little bit though, and word it so that she won't totally be mad at me, hopefully. Yeah, that's a good plan, tell her the truth, but bend it a little. That is what I am going to do. Don't lie, Justin. Do. Not. Lie.

"I just wanted to tell you how beautiful you are, and how much I missed you, because I love you so much."