Chapter 89

It takes me a moment to register what this big slab of terror and death just said to me, then it finally clicks. "What the fuck." I breathe, staring at the Descouche brother in awe. "You remember me, don't you?"

"I do, indeed." He confirms, giving me a dark smirk. "I've been trying to hunt you down for a while now, Justin. After our dramatic stunt in the wine cellar, Nick and I got thrown into solitary, and a little while after that, we were killed. Because, of, you."

"Woah, woah, woah. Back up." I order, shaking my head in confusion. "How the hell did you get down here then? Everyone who died in my past life, doesn't exist in this one. So if you died back in Juvie, how the fuck are you here with me right now?"

"I don't know, Justin." Shawn, I am assuming, snaps impatiently. "Do I look like Elon Musk? All I know is that my brother and I died about a week ago, then we came back here. We assumed you did too, and hey, here you are."

"No. There is no way that you two deserve this second chance life. I don't even deserve it, but you two definitely don't." I declare, scowling at him.

"What makes you think I don't deserve a second chance, Justin?" Shawn asks curiously, tilting his mildly scorched head at me.

"You've killed dozens of people!" I explode. "You're also a thief, and have raped a decent amount of girls, including Maria!"

"Haven't you done all of those things too, Justin?" He wonders calmly, not looking fazed in the slightest.

"I have never sexually assaulted anyone. All the girls I've had sex with in the past wanted it." I explain clearly, feeling horrified at the thought of doing that to Maria.

"Right, that was your cellmate, wasn't it? DK, I think. He was charged with that crime." Shawn says thoughtfully, looking off into space as if reminiscing on some innocent tea party they had one time.

"Yeah, DK, the guy you made me kill." I growl, remembering the tragically desperate look of my only friend in Juvie looking up at me as he was dying on his knees by my hand.

"Right, that was fun, wasn't it?" He states brightly, grinning down at Alex, who he still has in his clutches. "You were there too. The girlfriend. At least Justin had the human decency to kill your boyfriend while you were unconscious." Alex looks between Shawn and I, looking bewildered and terrified and confused all at once. "Where is your girlfriend, Justin? Maria. You may not have let me fuck her before, but we had some fun times in that hospital of hers."

I clench my fists, really wanted to punch him hard enough in the head to send him into a coma. Before I can move, however, someone speaks up from behind me. "Justin, what's going on?" I turn around to see Maria, who is eyeing Shawn warily, as if she recognizes him, but doesn't remember what he did to her in this life.

"Maria, you don't want to be here. Go back inside, okay?" I say quietly to her, but she doesn't move.

"I'm not leaving you." She insists fiercely.

"Okay," Sighs the bored voice of Shawn. "this conversation has gone on for far too long. The only person I have interest in here is Justin. If you come with me, then I'll let this trembling blonde go. You're welcome to come too, Maria."

"Fine," I speak up, before anyone else can argue. "I'll go with you, but you will not touch anyone here."

"Justin." Morgan and Maria both plead at the same time, then look at each other in mild confusion and distaste.

I give them both a regretful look, then step off the porch and make my way over to Shawn and Alex. Once I'm about a foot away, he lets go of her, and she instantly scrambles away. He glares down a me, and it isn't until I'm face to face with him, that I realize he's quite a bitter taller than me, probably by five inches, which makes him even more intimidating.

"Let's go." He growls, and I willingly let him lead me into the forest. Once we can't see the cottage anymore, he finally breaks the awkward silence. "You have some solid friends back there."

I'm pretty sure he's being sarcastic, so I bring out my dry humour. "Yeah, it's about time you showed up, since they probably would have killed me themselves. Speaking of which, where's the other half of the towers of terror?"

"Dead. Again." Shawn answers bluntly. "Luckily, I got his memory chip Maria made for both of us, so he's not completely dead yet. All the more reason to kill you. You killed my brother when you shot down our helicopter, so now I'll kill you, and give Nick a new body."

"Great, sounds like a blast." I announce sarcastically. "One problem though, I don't look anything like you."

He gives me a hard look, then says. "I just want my brother back."

"As do I, but I can't get Riley at all. He's completely gone, and I've learned to live with that. So maybe you should let Nick go too. Finding him another body will make him alive again, but that doesn't mean that he belongs in that life, you know?" I explain, suddenly feeling very....mature.

"Since when have you become so level headed?" Shawn questions, giving me an odd look.

"The apocalypse does weird shit to you, man. You're going to change too, maybe for the better." I admit, and I do genuinely hope that this massive prick can become a better person, but I have serious doubts.

"Not as much as you think." He responds, then abruptly shoves me against a tree. He then pulls out a knife and poises it at my face. "I'm still going to kill you, and bring my brother back. I did it once, so I can do it again. You are going to regret messing with the Descouche broth-"

Shawn abruptly gets cut off as Alex's truck promptly slams into him, sending him flying. It then continues on, and I look away before I see too much. I do however, hear the sounds of him screaming in pain as his bones get broken and his flesh gets torn. I think the Descouche brothers should regret making me kill the boyfriend of the girl with the death truck.