66

I found Severus sitting on the edge of the water fountain. I am so anxious about being alone in his house with him. I have lived in that house with him. I have kissed him in that house. We have had- I cut my trail of thoughts off. I will strictly talk to him about my powers and that's all. Nothing else.

He stood up when he saw me. He cleared his throat. "Are you ready to go?"

I nodded and he held out his hand. I gently placed my hand in his and we were gone.

We walked up to his house and he opened the door for me.

He led me to the living room and he sat down on the couch. I sat down on the opposite end. As far away from him as possible.

He angled his body so he was facing me. "So what do you need to talk about?" He looked as anxious as I felt.

I took a deep breath. "What I am about to tell you is a secret. No one can know. Not even Dumbledore. Can I trust you to keep it?"

"Of course." He said without hesitation.

"I am an advanced legilimens."

He blinked. "What?"

"I said-"

"I know what you said!" He jumped up from the couch and started pacing. "This is bad Y/N. So fucking bad." He ran a hand through his hair. He stopped pacing and turned to me. "Are you for sure that you are?"

"I don't know."

"Then how did you come up with this?"

"Emma-"

"Emma?"

"Would you just let me explain?"

"Yes sorry. Go ahead."

I sighed. "Emma has been talking to me in my dreams. The first time I talked to her after she died was when I.... ya know. And she has been talking to me in my dreams every now and then. She said her great grandpa Alfred was one and he found out that Emma was able to communicate with me so he told her."

"Are you in any particular location when you talk to Emma?" Asked Severus.

"It changes each time. The last time was on the grounds of Hogwarts. Other times it's been in the dormitory."

"Your memories..... This is bad Y/N."

I stood up. "You think I don't know that? Emma told me that I need to control it otherwise I am possibly going to accidentally give myself away."

"Yeah you might."

"And that's where you come in." I said quietly.

"What?"

"You are the only person I can trust with this. So ummm," I shifted on my feet. I feel ridiculous asking Severus this. Why would he want to help me in the first place? I have hurt him so many times.

"Y/N?" His voice brought me out of my thoughts. I didn't even realize I stopped talking.

"Sorry. What I am trying to say is, can you help me learn to control it?" I said quietly.

"Yes. I will do anything for you. But you need to know that it will be hard, and I might see things you don't necessarily want me to see. You might even see things you don't want to."

"I know. I trust you."

"Good. But first, I need to make sure you actually are an advanced legilimens."

I nodded.

"Try to show me a memory. Reach out. Connect your energy to mine and flash it in my head."

"What memory?"

"Maybe you sitting in class somewhere."

I nodded and took a deep breath. I tried to reach out but I couldn't get a hold of anything.

"Try closing your eyes." He instructed.

I closed them and tried reaching again. This time instead of reaching and not getting anything it was like my hand hit a wall.

"That's my mind barrier. Try getting through it. Imagine yourself as mist." He whispered.

I imagined myself as mist. My hand, but not my real hand went through the barrier.

"Good now keep going." He instructed.

I went fully through the barrier.

"Now show a memory."

I dug deep for one and tried to connect our energy. All of a sudden it isn't dark anymore. It was light, and I was looking at... myself.

All of a sudden I was thrown back in my own body and my eyes shot open. "What the fuck was that?" I exclaimed.

"What happened?"

"It was like I saw myself from your eyes."

"Not exactly what I was wanting you to do but that proves it."

"How?"

"Because only advanced legilimens can do that."

"Oh."

"You need to learn to slip into someone's head undetected. Otherwise if they are a legilimens they will know if you did."

"Since I am not a legilimens does that mean that I can get into peoples heads that know how to use occlumency?"

"You just did so yes. I was using occlumency to test it."

I nodded. "Emma said that I take in others emotions a lot. Do you know how I can stop it?"

"Probably. You probably just need to learn to keep your mental barrier up all the time."

I nodded. "So you will teach me?"

"Yes."

"Thank you."

"Just don't try to use anything on anyone else but me. Just for now ok?"

"Ok."

"Promise me."

"I promise."

"Good. The summer is almost over then I have to go back to Hogwarts and I won't be able to see you as much, so we need to get together as much as possible in these next few weeks. I will send letters when and where to meet me."

I nodded. "Thank you."

"Lets go before anyone notices you are gone."

Severus left me on the driveway to the Malfoy manor.

I entered the manor and headed upstairs.

I laid in my bed staring up at the ceiling. I am glad Severus acted ok to hearing that. I mean, as ok as someone possibly could. I just hope that I can learn to control my powers in a short amount of time so I don't have to keep seeing him. But if what Emma said is true, that I am more powerful than Voldemort, who knows how long it could take to control it?

Is it possible that the reason Voldemort has taken a liking to me so fast is because I have been subconsciously manipulating him to like me? Have I been making him feel certain ways towards me? That would make sense. I didn't think Voldemort was capable of feeling any type of normal human emotions. What if he isn't capable of it and I am just forcing him to feel emotions.

What are the chances of two muggles with no magic in their bloodline whatsoever to give birth to a witch who also happens to be an advanced legilimens?

I have so many questions flying around my head.

The whole thing is just so bizarre.

I drifted off to sleep.