Chapter Six: The Start of a Fairy-Tale Romance

Rosalinda's POV

(Memory)

I gathered up every ounce of courage I had and started to walk toward my goal. He was the object of my desire for the four years that I've gone to school with him and coincidentally was also our very own player/bad boy. To be honest, there probably wasn't one girl in this school who didn't like him, who didn't want him. There was a reason why he was a player. He had girls throwing their panties at him daily, what guy could resist? I finally grew a pair and made up a plan. It took weeks to plan for this but I refused to keep crushing on him like this without a little taste of what everyone has sampled already. I took a deep breath, getting closer to him now. He was leaning on his locker, the same one that's been next to mine for four years but has never been opened. He was fiddling with his phone, as was normal for Thursdays. He always had to bum a ride from someone and on Thursdays it was his number one jock friend Ricky, who wouldn't get out of practice for a while. I took another deep breath and went for it. My lips crashed to his velvet looking ones and I tried to put all I could in that five second kiss. It was hard but I think I managed it. He tried to deepen the kiss, to be honest all this amounted to was a peck, but I pulled away.

“I just wanted to make you my first kiss” I told him honestly. I did want him to be my first kiss. Only fitting, since I have had a huge obsession with him for the longest time. He looked at me with dreamy eyes, those damn hazel eyes that would make me melt whenever I accidentally caught them. He was about to say something but I walked toward my getaway car in a fast clip. I didn't want to hear the accusation that was about to flow from those velvety lips that tasted and felt as good as they looked. I didn't want to hear the 'let down easy' speech. It was rare but Dean has given them out before. I didn't want to hear a rejection. For now I was floating on a cloud and I wanted to keep it that way. My cheeks were burning and a wide grin stretched my lips. I had finally kissed Dean. I felt like I was on top of the world.

“What's wrong with you?” Shannon asked, puzzled. She herself has been on the popular ride that is Dean but she didn't have any feelings for him whatsoever. Like most of the female population, she regarded him as some sex toy to play with.

“Nothing” I said dreamily. For that brief moment, when his soft lips met mine, I felt complete. I ached for more but I held it back. Maybe now that I've stolen a kiss, my crush would die down. I doubted it but I would try anything.

It was no big deal, I'm sure that Dean has already forgotten about it but to me, that was seriously just about the best thing that's happened to me since I entered high school. With all the drama that's already in my life, school only got progressively worst and this was a little silver lining. I settled in Shannon's comfy seat and sighed.

I lived with my best friend. His name was Jesse and he and his mom were my saviors after I ran away from my own 'home'. His mom, Marie, was more of a mom to me than mine had ever been and I showered her with the affection that Jesse neglected to give her and I called her mom, which he also didn't do. I kept yelling at him for taking his own life for granted but he didn't care. He didn't see the qualities in his mom that made her shine to me. Just as well. I don't think I'd be able to share her after being neglected and abused for so long. They lived in a nice house, modest to be sure but it was so comfortable and homey that I loved it despite it's almost shabby appearance. I called out a goodbye to Shannon and made my way inside. Jesse rarely drove me home. He liked to drive around everywhere, it was hard won freedom to him so he drove just about everyone home and rarely had enough room for me. Either that or he rushed out of school to have some quality time with his boyfriend before his mom came home. I could ride with him in those days but I could almost barf at the liberties they took with each other while on the way home.

I had never felt that kind of affection and love. I was a virgin in every sense of the word, except of course for the kiss I just stole. Jesse himself was a bit of a slut. He told me often that he admired how I've kept it this long but it was empty, seeing as I had to endure the lovey dovey moments he frequently had with his own boyfriend. Especially when they've just had some 'alone time' together. They were almost unbearable then and it only made the empty feeling in me grow. I've kept it this long for a couple of reasons but it didn't make me feel any better or console me whatsoever. I desperately wanted someone to love and cherish. It was just out of my reach. And it made me so depressed when I thought about it. Especially when I would pass kids in the hall who had no self consciousness and engaged in PDA often. It hurt to see so many people together and happy when I had no one to hold in my own arms.