Chapter Three: The Aftermath

Sam's POV

I glared at the empty bottle in my hands, cursing the fact that it couldn't produce more booze by itself. I have broken into my alcohol supply and taken out wine, brandy, whatever was in there out and took out our wedding video. I've watched it three times already and each time I call myself the biggest moron in history for cheating on my angel. Most men would kill to have a woman like her and I mistreated her. I'd hurt her so badly...

I've been crying and sniveling and calling myself every bad name in the book for hurting my baby. I had paused the video right on a close up of her radiant, happy face. She was so beautiful, the most beautiful woman I had ever met. Why did I cheat on her? It boggled the mind. I sighed and got up, intending to get another bottle of vodka. I was so stupid.

I had gotten the bottle when something caught my eye. The phone. I went over to it and wanted to call Rose, wanting to apologize and beg her to forgive me or at least come home but I didn't know her number. Through a fresh wave of tears, I dialed the number to my closest friend, wanting sympathy. Not that I really deserved it.

“Hello?” he answered on the last possible ring. I sniffled.

“Rose left me” I said. He sighed.

“And it's about time. I told you she would leave you because of the cheating. But now's not the right time to be whining to me, alright? We had just left the kids off with Maria's parents and I want to get some tonight. Call tomorrow” he said and hung up without another word. I looked at the phone unbelieving. Did he really just hang up on me?

“Bastard” I called him out loud, ambling back to my chair. I wondered how my baby was while I started at her face on our big TV.

Rosalinda's POV

I cried my heart out over Sam once again. Although this time, it was decidedly more dangerous because I was driving. To make it worst, I was driving to a place I've never been to before. Dean's house. I didn't really want to, just because I knew that he had his own life and didn't want me bringing my crap into it. Besides, he was a handsome man and it was a Saturday night. He would surely be out. From what I've gathered, he's turned into quite the ladies man. I was happy for him but miserable at the same time. I still had feelings for him and I'd be with him right now if it weren't for Sam. And I had broken his heart by running off with Sam. My influence in his life proved to be only toxic to him.

We used to date, me and him. In fact, he had asked me to marry him. The thing is, before he proposed, I met Sam. I'll say this, he picked the worst timing to tumble into my life. I swear that all I felt was simple attraction to him but Dean wanted to experiment with something. He was the man of my dreams and I loved him more than anything so I didn't even think twice before agreeing to it. I don't want to get into it right now, but Sam was our downfall.

Well, I've certainly paid for it. I had to be in an unhappy marriage while Dean enjoyed the single life. We kept in touch, meeting every so often, because he was really the only friend I had left. All my other girl friends had a tendency to jump into bed with Sam and I couldn't bear it. It was better for him to have an affair with some other faceless woman than my own so called friends. But things with Dean were always easy. He made me feel at home and so at ease with his presence. It felt so right to be with him. And yet, Sam still held up his own little fort in my heart and he refused to leave. I already knew I was going to file for divorce but I didn't know how long it was going to be before I was fully over Sam, even with Dean's help. That is, if Dean even wanted me anymore. I had broken his heart and I could never forgive myself for it so how could he?

To his credit, Dean answered the door at my first knock. I was a little shocked at his appearance. I hadn't really expected him to answer. I quickly came to the conclusion that he was heading out though. He was dressed in a nice suit, shoes all shiny, hair wonderfully tousled. I had to stop myself from drooling. He looked a little shocked to see me on his doorstep. Here I was, standing in the cold with my work clothes and arms full of bags. I couldn't have been more insecure.