Chapter Nine: Prophetic Dreams

Dedicated to breathetolove

Warning: Mild language inclosed

Dean's POV (How fun! I haven't written as him yet!)

(Memory Continued)

I slung my arm over her, huddling her tiny little body close to mine, sending death glares at any guy who dared look at her. The ticket guy couldn't keep his damn eyes off her and I'm starting to see a trend. What, did the guys just not see me standing next to her? Filthy minded bastards. While I was trying to kill any man who had eyes on my beautiful girl, she just shrank into her hoodie when any girl looked at me. Well, you see, normally I would send them a wink and flirt a little with them even if I was on a date but tonight, since I finally had the perfect girl on my arm, I sent them death looks too, to a lesser degree. Just to discourage them. I didn't like that Rosie was so insecure. I would have to fix that.

We found good seats up front, where the rail was. Frankly, I would like to sit in back where I can touch her and kiss her without anyone noticing. But I saw how much more comfortable she was here, putting her feet up on the rail and relaxing into her seat. I left that alone.

The movie was good I guess. It was about five teenage rejects who invited all the popular kids that tormented them to a party. The popular kids don't know who they are of course. Then the rejects proceed to scare the crap out of the other kids and maim them horribly. Rosie didn't laugh at the wrong parts nor did she flinch in fear. And disappointingly, she did not cuddle up to me. She just watched it. But see, I couldn't do that. I have a horrible habit of cracking jokes and making references during every movie. Every time I leaned over to whisper in her ear to make another joke, I noticed she shivered. Was that good or bad? I couldn't really tell. This chick had the ultimate poker face.

“Did you like it?” I asked her when the movie was over, still hugging her cause I just could not keep my hands off her.

“Yeah. It was one of the better scary movies I've seen” she said thoughtfully, blessing me with a smile. I think I melted a little. I cleared my throat.

“That's good. Where do you want to eat?” I asked, unlocking the car. She got in so I hurried up and slid in to hear her answer.

“Whatever you want. I don't care” she told me.

“How about pizza?” I guessed at what she would like. I knew she was hungry. Her little stomach had growled adorably in the theater.

“Okay” she tried to sound like, 'whatever' but I knew better. She had another smile on her face and she was sitting in her seat all relaxed. She was warming up to me, I could tell.

We went to my brother's restaurant. I had five, all of whom had left home already. Two were in the restaurant business and they were doing pretty awesome. This one belonged to my brother Joey and it was much more casual then the other one. Why bring her here? Honestly, I was a little short on cash and I knew Joey would give me a break.

“Here?” she said in surprise. I nodded and took off my seatbelt (safety first).

“It's so nice” she mumbled, looking down at her outfit.

“Trust me, no one will care” I told her, hoping for a reassuring tone. She nodded but still looked unsure. I kissed the top of her head and led her through the lion's gates. I was sure Joey would harass her. He always liked to embarrass me in front of girls and he was too intrusive by half. When it came to the girls I was dating, he liked to have an active part in sorting them out. It was annoying but touching that he still cared that much.

Dinner was nice. What can I say? Joey came and charmed the wits out of her. By the end of this date, she was drooling all over my brother. Or well, no, she wasn't. I'm getting ahead of myself. I thought she would be all over my tanned, handsome, stereotypical Italian brother but she wasn't. She actually just blushed at his outrageous attentions and tried not to laugh. Damn. Was she perfect or what? Joey even told me so, which I hadn't expected.