Chapter Forty-Eight: Yin and Yang

Dean’s POV

Memory Continued

I smiled at my leg. One was completely healed, the one that didn’t have a cast but a brace, and that meant I didn’t need the chair anymore.

They were keeping the other one in a cast for the time being. Another month, they said.

But now I had crutches. No more wheelchair. So that was good.

Rosie had to help me to get to the doctor’s. Traveling was such a pain in the ass. Hopefully, that would change.

She gave me the brightest smile as I walked with the crutches, genuinely happy that I was able to move around. I wasn’t going to go too far outside but I at least had the choice now.

She gave me a congratulatory kiss and went off to work. She had two jobs again. I wanted to find something that would be right around when she was working. That way, she could quit the other job and we would get more time together. That was my goal. But for now, I really couldn’t find anything. I wasn’t fit quite yet.

I was finding out that having crutches was quite a pain in the ass. My armpits were bruised like you wouldn’t believe.

I put little towels to soften the blow and kept going.

But, as usual, I had nothing to do.

The apartment was clean. There was no laundry. I could watch TV but I’ve been watching too much.

I toyed with the idea of calling one of my high school friends but Ricky was the only one I was ever really close to. And yeah, that was never happening. I just wished him a quick trip to hell. If I ever saw him, broken legs or no, I was going to end him.

But it was unlikely that I would ever see him in Chicago.

Getting rid of the cast only meant that my body was keyed up with energy I was dying to use.

So I looked up some exercises online that I could do with my leg like this. Rosie always left behind her laptop.

That should keep me busy. I haven’t worked out in quite a while.

Rosie’s POV

“I’m just saying. He’s going to slip up sooner or later” Vicky shrugged, picking at some nail polish when she was supposed to take drinks to table three. I rolled my eyes and went to my own table, keeping my thoughts to myself.

Every single time I reacted to anything she said, Vicky would smile as if she had won some big victory. Lately, she’s been picking at my relationship with Dean. She’s made her opinions about it very clear. She found it ridiculous that we haven’t slept together. She kept saying that he would dump me before two months were up.