Chapter Fifty-Three: Fiery Hail

*

Dean's P.O.V

Memory

"I'm not all that sure you should be here" I told Ruby, rubbing my face in frustration. Rosie was at 'work' (the stupid fucking club), due to be back in twenty minutes, and I couldn't risk her seeing Ruby again. We all know how last time went.

And right now, with this fresh bunch of bullshit on our plate, the last thing we both needed was more jealousy.

Ruby pouted, holding out the plate of brownies.

"Come on. My roommate made these. Best brownies around" she tried to convince me.

I could smell those brownies clearly. They were obviously laced with pot and by Ruby's dilated pupils, she's had her fair share.

I definitely didn't need that shit here. I quit pot a while back and I certainly didn't need the temptation. Plus, Rosie might just lose it with the combination of both drugs and Ruby in our apartment.

"I don't think so Ruby" I told her, keeping my blockade of the door.

She grinned, loopy and emboldened, and shoved me inside. I stumbled back just enough for her to slip inside.

Shit.

"Ruby, you have to get out. Rosie is going to be home soon and we both know she hates your guts" I tried reasoning with her.

She simply smiled at me and put the brownies on the counter.

I made a mental note to get rid of them as soon as possible. I didn't want them here and I wasn't going to risk having Ruby here.

"Come on. This won't take long" she cajoled.

"What won't take long?" I asked, seriously not understanding this at all.

What was she up to?

With another grin, she sauntered up to me and stunned me with a kiss.

What the straight fuck?!

I didn't waste a second before shoving her off me. I was starved but not for her. Only for Rosie.

Besides, she was all tongue. Freaking nasty, especially with such poor technique.

"What the hell was that about? You know I have a girl" I really didn't want to yell. Losing my temper was not going to help anything but Ruby pouted and I was tempted to smash something against the wall.

"Don't be stupid, Dean. You know exactly what that was about" Ruby tried her seductive smile at me and while, yes, it was rather obvious what she wanted, I wasn't in any way interested.

But maybe she took my loneliness as encouragement?

"Look, Ruby, it's been nice being friends. Don't ruin that" I warned, trying to dodge her because suddenly, she seemed to grow extra arms. All aimed at my crotch.

Of course.

"I don't want to have to cut you out of my life, but I will, damn it!" I gave an unmanly yell at the feel of her pinchy fingers on some seriously sensitive stuff.

"Just hold still, damn it" she sighed and leaned closer, holding my precious stones hostage while trying in vain to capture my lips.

I leaned away, wincing.

Without a care in the world, she started to kiss my jaw.

"Ruby-" I started, wincing a little more as she increased the pressure (did she think it was hot or something?) but of course.