Chapter Twenty: We Need To Talk

DEDICATED TO DavinaSefton and Living_Free

Thank you both for submitting story descriptions. I'm very happy that you actually responded and trust me, I'm grateful that you decided to help me out. No 'official' dedications, don't wanna undermine either one of you.

*****

Dean's POV

“I'm sorry but I feel like I should at least check up on him, you know? I'd feel so heartless if I didn't” she said in a rush, staring at me with her perfect golden eyes.

I sometimes wondered how any mortal should be allowed to have such an exotic color for something as common as eyes. But if anyone deserved it, it was her.

“I understand” I said hollowly. This felt familiar. Where had I experienced this before? Oh yeah, when she left me the first time.

“No you don't” she said softly, sighing into my sweatshirt that I gave her.

“Than why don't you stay?” I hissed furiously. You might think that I was a heartless bastard or that I'm suddenly a drama queen but Sam was the man who had won Rosie's heart. The only one who managed to steal her away.

Nothing could make me feel better about her leaving me to 'check' on him. Maybe an impenetrable chastity belt or full body armor. But that wouldn't work to my benefit; they would both keep me out as well.

I wasn't meant to be a saint.

“I'll be back in a few hours, okay? I promise” she said solemnly. She had to have known where my thoughts were.

“Fine” I sighed. I wasn't going to hold her back. No matter how much my body screamed at me to hold her and never let go.

“Don't be worried. Nothing is going to happened between us” she whispered, leaning in close to me. Close enough to kiss.

“He's still a cheater”

“Yes. He is. And nothing can change that” she backed off, keys jangling in her hands. We had been in the house for ages, arguing on whether or not she should go. I was convinced that this was all just a ploy to get her back. She wasn't so sure.

Maybe one day she would finally realize the type of man that Sam was. Maybe one day she'll see that bastard without the rose colored lenses. Maybe one day she'll understand that she simply didn't have feelings for him anymore.

I would just patiently wait for that day's fated arrival. If it ever came.

“I'll be back soon” she swore, reaching up for a kiss. I huffed but leaned down just the same. She was so small that I had to bend down considerably to be able to kiss her.

But that only made me love her more.

She walked out of the door, giving me one of her sweet smiles before the door closed in her wake. I stepped away from the door, telling myself very firmly that she wouldn't abandon me again. The circumstances weren't the same. She wouldn't possibly leave me again.

However, last time she left because of my grandfather. She didn't even like Sam at the time. Now my grandfather was dead and she loved that stupid bastard.

She just had to come back. My hands wrung out my jacket. She would be here in two hours and I would be the one to bask in her beautiful smile.

Me.

But what if Sam convinces her to give him a second chance?

My jacket was thoroughly ruined now. The worry gnawed my stomach.