Chapter One - Joshua

It was a Friday night and I wasn't going out, what the hell was wrong with me, I did feel a little under the weather and I was perhaps regretting my decision, prodding my cheeks in the mirror, my youthful appearance looking back at me, messy black hair and blue striking eyes staring back.

The skin around my nose was a little red from the cold, sure I didn't look my best, and going out for me was always with one aim; to pull another guy which inevitably would lead to sex, I'd fall for them but we'd never see each other again because it turned out they were a loser.

It was the biggest thing I hated about being gay, it was always about the sex, and once it was over that was it, maybe I was just feeling sorry for myself, some call it man flu, I guess I had a case of the man flu then.

I walked back out the bathroom into my apartment, it was nothing special but it was on the 10th floor, it had a nice balcony, some good views of the city and the river, it was small but perfectly formed, The main living area had my kitchen compromising of some modern wooden worktops and teal cupboards, a flush electric hob and modern extractor fan

This all immediately overlooked the living room come dining room in one open plan living ensemble.

When I say dining room I mean a white table in the corner with four grey chairs around it, the living room was further away and ran around an L shape section of the room with windows overlooking the city, here was a simple grey sofa, a white coffee table and a grey rug atop wooden floors.

In the corner was the TV I was about to sit down and watch a film on.

The balcony led off the side which just had some garden furniture on there, it overlooked the city from a different aspect, namely the neighboring apartment block, I'd sometimes people watch at night seeing what other people were up too.

Minimum living like this many people didn't have curtains and their lives fully on display for the entire other block to see, Thankfully my apartment was set back a bit so it generally wasn't overlooked inside, the balcony was of course because I could see everyone else.

The city was a mixture of furs and humans living together, sure there was still some stigmatism towards furs and it had become the new racism, I had a good mix of friends both furs and humans alike, but I wasn't a fur so I didn't truly know what it was like living with what they were calling 'furism' on a daily basis.

I lived alone in the apartment, It only had the one bedroom and one bathroom but it was all I needed to work in the city, I had left university and started my own company as a personal trainer, things were going OK, a far cry from my degree in physics but the jobs just weren't out there, and starting my own company was a bit of a joke to start with, but my clients became regulars and soon I was earning a decent wage that payed for this place, it was also why I was taking it easy tonight, Saturday was the busiest day for me at the gym with back to back clients from 8am until 6pm.

Staying in was probably the most sensible decision I'd made all week

Feeling a little run down was about the only time I would indulge on my food too, usually I would calorie count everything, I had to look the part in order for people to hire me, no one would hire a fat personal trainer right?

Don't get me wrong I wasn't full of myself, it was just the way I needed to look to succeed in my company, but it did attract the usual kinda guys, bit thick, no ambition in life, no drive, no goals, and ultimately we wouldn't get along, or on the flip side, guys just wanted sex with me and that was pretty much it.

I am 24 and still single, how does this happen?

I've been with plenty of guys, I've just never found the guy.