Chapter Twenty-five - Joshua

"Come on Sam let's go swimming, its not like we are ever going to be able to do something like this ever again"

I didn't know what was up with him, he seemed a little distant since arriving here, perhaps it was bringing back memories of when his sister visited, I hoped swimming might take his mind off it.

"come on Sam, what else are we going to do?" I smiled at him prodding him in the ribs

"fine, ok" he laughed

I grabbed a towel and we walked out the room, "see we are free to wander about, its fine Sam"

"yeah I'm just on edge, something is odd"

"I think your just cautious"

"maybe" he said with a frown on his face

I pressed the ground floor button on the elevator as the doors closed.

"I can't just pace about waiting for Ricky to come back with information on my mum, I just need to do something to take my mind off it and pass the time"

"yeah your right"

He still seemed off.

We found the signs pointing to the pool and found ourselves in the changing room, it was a small room with a central bench, a few cubicles and some yellow lockers, some showers to use before entering the pool just at the end, a glimpse of the water and poolside just peaking out beyond it.

I stripped down to my boxers and placed my clothes into one of the yellow lockers, Sam did the same picking the locker beside me tying the bright green key wristband around his arm.

I walked into the showers and wet my body and hair, Sam took the shower beside me, I tried not to look as it would be awfully embarrassing if my body decided to react to him before walking into the pool room.

It was completely empty, not a large pool by any means but enough to do some lengths and a hot tub jacuzzi at the side of it, I stood at the side of the pool dipping my toe in the water and it was warm.

Sam came running past me and jumped straight in making a bomb and splashing the water up as I tried to deflect it with my hands.

He brushed the water from his hair and his fur all stuck up in spikes on his head as he treaded water in the pool I laughed at him

"water and fur don't mix" he said looking at me with a wrinkled brow, "is that why your grumpy?" I asked

"maybe" he sulked, splashing water up at me, I jumped in next to him trying to get him back and ended up chasing him about the pool, he was a fast swimmer and I kept having to corner him at the edges of the pool where he'd try and escape underwater.

It was a stupid game now we were both wet anyway but I hadn't laughed so much in a while, especially when he finally gave up and just let me splash him, the water dripping of this head while his fur clung to him.

"are you done now" he asked sulking

"is this because your losing"

"maybe" he said

"ok, ok Truce." I urged as he finally shook his head trying to get some of the water off, his fur all fluffed up

"I hate water" he said

"come-on you were laughing too"

He smiled, "its just the drying process, and look" he lifted his arm out the water the fur clumping to the bottom of his arms dripping water, "I'm like a sponge" he laughed

"ok well I'm going to at least use the jacuzzi before we leave though" I insisted swimming towards the corner

"ok I guess I can deal with that" he said following me.

The water was really warm, and the bubbles just started as we got in, I got my self comfortable in one of the seats, Sam sat opposite, it was only a small hot tub with four seats, it would be weird using this with strangers in the hotel so I was glad to be alone with Sam

"sorry" Sam said adjusting his feet trying to keep them from touching mine

"as if we're in the middle of a zombie outbreak, this is nuts"

"yeah, its not something id be doing normally I guess, but then you don't have fur, you don't know how easy you have it, think bad hair day, but all over!"

I guess he had a point.

"the pool aside though, its pretty cool here you have to admit"

"yeah kind of" Sam hesitated

"we can leave in the morning, we can just leave with the supplies, we don't have to stay" I offered, not sure if I actually meant it.

"yeah I don't think I want to stay, something freaks me out about it, somethings not right"

I didn't want to press any further, but something was bothering him, hopefully he would tell me sooner rather than later, or perhaps he might change his mind after a good nights sleep.

"Come on lets get out the water"

I stood up to leave as Sam did, he shook his fur next to me splashing my with what seemed to be more water than was in the pool laughing as he did so, his fur all sticking out fluffed up.

"you look funny"

Sam stuck his tongue out and headed to the changing rooms, "I'm just going to shower here, because I cant deal with getting wet again later and spending all day drying out again" Sam said eyeing up the showers and the soap dispenser on the wall, "this will do" he said testing it worked

I joined him in the line of showers the water streaming down his body, I looked away as he just took his boxers off as if I wasn't there and continued showering rubbing the soap all over his fur, included this bits I probably shouldn't be looking at, I didn't know where else to look, I certainly got an eye full before looking away.

I faced the corner trying to concentrate on something else, I could feel myself losing control of my body, but thankfully Sam got out the shower and walked off to the changing room.

My arousal was pretty darn obvious, I hope he didn't see it

I turned the temperature to cold and washed myself finally following Sam's lead and removing my boxers to clean the rest of me.

As I turned the shower off I heard the dryer going off, a big vertical fan room where furs that did enjoy swimming used to dry inside.

I ran across the changing room naked, grabbing the towel from my locker, feeling vulnerable and exposed, but Sam was busy drying.

I was confident with my body but getting naked in front of people, especially guys I liked freaked me out

I liked him, I finally admitted it to myself that I liked him

The fact he could just get naked in front of me surely meant we were now securely in the friend zone now, there was no coming out of this, perhaps he really didn't mean to kiss me.

Friends is all he wanted.