XXXIV: 𝕂𝕒𝕘𝕖𝕪𝕒𝕞𝕒 𝕩 ℝ𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕖𝕣

Today we had a practice match with Date tech and it was an understatement to say they improved on their blocking. They exceeded on their blocking in the past 6 months.

about halfway through the first set, Kageyama had called out Nishanoya on being in the way.

"What did you say?" Nishanoya said, coming up to Kageyama, the height clearly shown.

"You were in the way of a back row attack" Kageyama said, I furrowed my eyebrows.

Was he?

"Right, I see" Nishanoya says, walking away.

"You could have said it a little nicer" Tanaka says.

"How?"

Tanaka then started mumbling to himself and walked up to Kageyama, before Daichi grabbed his head and pulled him back. Kageyama wasn't himself during the match, he didn't say anything to Tsukishima and he just was so much quieter.

Soon some old players from Date tech came to cheer them on. Asahi went to score a point, but it went out the line.

"Sorry, that was a really good set-"

"Then next time get the damn point!" Kageyama yelled at him.

~~

Date Tech ended up winning the first set, 25-19.

When Kageyama was walking back, he stormed back and had a scowl on his face. Asahi saw him walk back and turned around to him.

"hey, Kageyama, there's something I wanna try-"

"I..I know my sets are good! So Please! Try and score them!" Kageyama suddenly yelled at Asahi, his face was as angry as ever.

Kageyama was usually angry, but he only ever yelled at Hinata and that was either if he needed to work on something or he did something to annoy Kageyama. Kageyama's face fell at realisation of what he said.

"Oh look at that, its the return of the king" Tsukishima said, putting down his bottle.

Kageyama stared at the ground and then bowed.

"I'm sorr-"

"I've been thinking, whats wrong with him being the king again?" Hinata said "Is it because he's too bossy? To self-centred? Either way, its doesn't matter. No matter what kageyama says, if I don't like it, I'm just not gonna listen to him!"

"No matter what he says, if I don't like his tone, I won't listen" Tanaka says

"What he said"

"I mean, I wouldn't mind if you speak nicer to me" Asahi says.

"So no one really cares if your the king or not. I mean, isn't the king supposed to be cool?" Hinata mimics a crown. 

"Nothing beats a set thats easy for the spiker to land" Ukai says, joining in. "And you find out what that is by communicating with your teammates, but it doesn't mean that you can't fight"

"urr...Sorry about that Kageyama, I've been trying to time my hits so they don't match their blocks" Asahi says, "But it just isn't working against Date Tech. Your sets are great, though, so keep doing what your doing. I'm probably gonna get caught by their blocks again, so I'm gonna apologise now."

"And I'm not gonna give up trying that super sharp cut shot!" Tanaka adds by yelling. "I mean, especially when were practicing Date tech, if you don't like it, thats your problem"

"I can't make any promises" Kageyama says, turning to Tanaka.

"Bring it on!" Tanaka laughed as he walked away.