ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝟝𝟚

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

Now and then

Your name comes up in conversation with my friends

I hate how much I feel it right there in my chest

I hate how much I feel it, yeah

Like, how are you?

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

Mamoru refused to turn around, even as a familiar hand clasped his shoulder. It wasn't hard of a grip enough to bruise, but it felt like he was being staked to the ground.

How should he feel? What should he say? What should he do?

"Look at me, Moru."

Rage.

Mamoru slapped the hand off his shoulder and fisted his hands in Aomine's jacket. In the abrupt movement, his hood fell off his head and silky strands of white fell in front of his face, hiding his furious gaze.

For the first time since middle school, he saw Aomine.

Aomine had changed physically. He was much taller and his skin was a little darker. The boy's features had sharpened and his eyes had grown colder, crueler. His smile was sly, almost mocking.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

It seems like things are going really well for you

I wish that I could say the same about me too

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

"Don't you dare," he snarled, baring his teeth animalistically. He hardly heard Nigou and Hercules' frantic barking, only watching Aomine's face contort to smugness. "Don't you dare call me 'Moru'. What right do you have to call me that anymore?"

"I never knew you were such a coward, Moru." Aomine smiled thinly, pointedly ignoring his warning to not use his nickname.

"I'm not a coward." Mamoru's eyes darkened dangerously.

"But it's what you are, aren't you?" Aomine mocked him, baring his own teeth in a smile. "You left everything behind and tried to escape."

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

And boy, you know I've tried to pray, I've bruised my knees

I've tried to bring you back to me

I've tried my best to find some kind of peace

Don't you see?

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

Mamoru wanted to hit him so bad. He wanted to wipe that smug look off his face and leave without looking back.