ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝟝𝟜

They were given one more day in Tokyo before heading back to Miyagi. The time was to be spent hanging around the city, the intent aimed towards the countrysiders.

Or so they thought.

By the time the team woke up, Mamoru was already gone, his futon and items packed neatly in his bag. The team guessed he'd gotten permission from Ukai since he didn't seem all that worried.

He left early, dressed in his shorts and white T-shirt. Tokyo was just like he remembered, busy and always moving. If you bumped into someone, you didn't have the time to say you were sorry.

Even breaths, in and out, his chest heaving. Something felt different. He felt the desire to run, but he felt sick, almost nauseous.

But he needed to run. Mamoru felt like he would tear his hair out if he didn't.

So he was out on the streets of Tokyo, feet light on the concrete. Mamoru struggled to breathe, head swimming.

His heart was racing so fast. Was that normal? It didn't feel normal, the way he could feel the throbbing in his head like an incessant alarm.

"Hey, watch it!"

Mamoru's heart stuttered as he dodged from the screeching car. He gaped at the angry driver, who waved a fist at him before speeding off. He shook his head and crossed quickly.

He didn't realize he'd crossed the street on a greenlight. People were staring at him, mouths moving and eyebrows raised but he couldn't hear anything.

He swallowed with difficulty, throat terribly dry. Water, he should probably drink water.

And then Mamoru realized, oh I didn't bring water.

"Hey, kid. You alright?"

Mamoru lifted his head. A large man (both height and width wise) stood in front of him, an eyebrow raised.

"I forgot my water," he said dumbly. His head was swimming like a torrential waterfall and his whole vision seemed to tilt a nauseating ninety degree angle.

The man's face contorted into surprise and his hands moved. "Hey, whoa, whoa!"

Mamoru didn't realize he blacked out until he opened his eyes again.

When he came to, he realized he was in a gym. The familiar sound of basketball was echoing inside, a nostalgic sound.

"Oh, you're awake?"

Mamoru scrambled to sit up, but the man placed a hand on his shoulders. Gruffly, he said, "Careful. You're still pretty pale."

He handed the boy a bottle of water. Mamoru thanked him and cracked it open gratefully.

"I...Where am I?" Mamoru knew he was in a gym. It looked like a school gym, but what school? "How long have I been out?"

"You've been out for almost fifteen minutes." he said, checking his watch. "You're at Kaijo High School. I'm the basketball coach, Takeuchi Genta."

Mamoru paled.

"'All of us with the exception of you and Tetsuya have chosen a powerschool of our choice. I chose Rakuzan; Daiki, Touou; Ryouta, Kaijo; Murasakibara, Yosen.'"

"Hey, you just went paler-"

"MAMORU-CCHI!!!!"

Mamoru grunted, collapsing on the floor again as a familiar blond slammed into him. He felt a vein in his forehead pulse. "GET. OFF!"