ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝟝𝟝

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

Do you want to meet all my monsters?

Think you're tough I know they'll drive you bonkers

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

Most of the team was dead asleep on the bus. Mamoru rubbed his chest, feeling the phantom pain throb. Whether it was from the strange fainting incident or all those diving drills, he wasn't entirely sure. His lip curled. Why he fainted so much, it was disgusting.

By the time they made it back to the school, night had fallen, giving off a cool breeze.

Mamoru watched as the team disappeared to the club room to unwind, but he saw Hinata and Kageyama head towards the gym.

He pursed his lips and was prepared to follow them, but Tanaka pulled him aside.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

Meet them once and they'll forever haunt you

There's no heroes or villains in this place

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

"Where'd you go yesterday? We didn't see you at all..."

Mamoru wilted on the spot, mind scrambling to make up an excuse. "I...ran into a friend."

"Oh, that's nice." Tanaka smiled, patting him on the back. "It must have been hard to leave your friends in Tokyo."

"It was." But he was only thinking about Claire, Kuroko, and Satsuki. "Captain-"

"Mamoru!" Yachi's terrified shriek jolted him away from his answer and he bolted towards her. "What's wrong?!"

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

Just shadows that dance in my headspace

Leaving nothing but phantoms in their wake

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

"Hinata-kun and Kag-"

That was all she had to say. He knew it would come down to this and now was the time it'd erupted. Mamoru darted into the gym, watching them trade blow after blow with simmering fury.

Buried memories resurfaced and his face darkened.

"ENOUGH!"

The roar echoed in the room as he landed a punch on each of their faces. Mamoru breathed heavily, heart thrumming with underlying adrenaline.

He paled.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

There's parts of me I cannot hide

I've tried and tried a million times