~ Chapter Thirty-Two ~

Since the brief fight with Serena, Olivia had to decide to stay away from her family for the time being. It killed her inside to know her moms' were enabling Charles' behavior, but she also knew it wasn't worth her energy to fuel the fire. On the other hand, Olivia was finding it good for her soul to spend more time with Lucia and Camellia which was good for her and Rafael. It was clear to him from the start that his mother and sister adored Olivia, so he was happy to see them getting time together and he was happy to see it lifting Olivia's spirits.

"Rafa?" Olivia spoke groggily, moving towards the kitchen on a late January morning.

"Yes, my love?" Rafa smiled, pulling two mugs from the cupboard.

Olivia wrapped her arms around Rafael's waist from behind as she rested her chin on his shoulder. He poured himself a mug of coffee, but Olivia stopped his motions before he could pour hers.

"I'm not having coffee this morning, " Olivia said nonchalantly, taking her mug off the counter.

"What do you mean you're not having coffee, " Rafael furrowed his brow as Olivia reached for the tea kettle, "are you feeling okay?"

Rafael placed a hand to his wife's forehead, slightly panicked at her choice of morning beverage. Olivia swatted his hand and looked at him with a playful smile tugging at her lips.

"I'm not sick, at least not the kind you're thinking of. I'm on day three of my cycle."

Rafael quickly searched Olivia's face until it hit him, "you get to start your medicine today!" He yelled excitedly.

Olivia sighed and couldn't help but smile from ear to ear, "yes, I do."

"Oh, baby, " Rafael captured her lips in a soft kiss before moving to the fridge for half-and-half.

Olivia opened her pill bottle and pulled one out before noting the time it was, knowing she had to take it orally for the next five days at the same time for it to be the most effective.

"You ready?" Rafael questioned.

"Ready as I'll ever be, " Olivia sighed teary-eyed.

"Okay, " the couple knocked together their morning beverages.

Olivia took the pill with a hard swallow and chased it with more tea.

"Done, " she smiled, disposing of her cup in the sink, "Day one, complete!" She squealed.

"Day one, " he smiled back at her before kissing her lips softly.

///

The morning and afternoon at the precinct seemed to be dragging. Olivia wasn't sure if the day was really moving slow or if her mind was just too focused on this morning. 

My first pill that's kind of a big deal, she thought to herself as she scribbled notes in a case file. I don't know how any woman on treatment for infertility can ever focus. All I can think about is what a baby mixed with me and Rafael would look like.

"Olivia?" Cragen called again, drawing the female detective from her thoughts.

"Yes, Captain?"

"We have a case, take Amanda and meet the victim at Mercy General, please."

"You got it, Captain, " Amanda replied with her southern drawl thicker than usual.

Olivia and Amanda both grabbed their winter coats and headed for the elevator and once they were alone, Amanda turned to Olivia.

"What's going on with you today?"

"What do you mean?" Olivia questioned, putting on a fake look of confusion.