~ Chapter Thirty-Three ~

Olivia let out a sigh as she walked out of her doctor’s office. Today she had a pretty simple test to determine if she was ovulating properly, but she wouldn’t be getting those results back until the end of the day. She felt a little weak from getting her blood drawn, but other than that she felt pretty good. She felt like things were finally on track and that in the near future she and Rafael would finally be parents.

“Olivia?” A broken voice asked. Olivia turned and looked around before spotting Sasha standing at the bottom of the stairs. Olivia had walked past her and didn’t even notice her standing there.

“Sasha… what are you doing here?” Olivia asked nervously. Sasha’s case was still in full force, so Olivia really shouldn’t be talking to Sasha. But she had a hard time stopping herself.

“I wanted to see you… I actually am going to Dr. Morrison, because your mom recommended her to me…” Sasha breathed.

“Okay, but we shouldn’t be seeing each other. My squad is working your case, and I can’t get involved. Someone might think I’m trying to cover up what Charlie did.”

“But you aren’t. You aren’t even talking to your family at all, especially not about this.”

“I’m not talking to my family because they took Charlie’s side. Because they don’t care what he does. Sasha, you need to go home. We can’t be seen together.” Olivia sighed weakly.

“No, I need to talk. I’m in this all alone. I’m in a shelter for abused women, but it isn’t nice there. I feel so alone, especially since I’m going through this pregnancy on my own. I don’t think that this baby will ever have Charlie as a father, and I don’t even know if I will keep this baby after what happened.”

“Okay, stop it right there. You can’t come here and do this to me. I told you that we shouldn’t be talking, and then you break my heart by telling me these things. But most importantly, don’t give this baby up just because of Charlie. I’m sure you could be a great mother, even without him by your side. Charlie is a monster, and you deserve better… that baby might be that better. But I have to go.” 

///

Olivia went back to work after her appointment, and her shift was boring. Olivia was stuck on paperwork and domestic violence calls that she could just refer to a junior ADA once she investigated some stuff.

“Hey, Dr. Morrison just called the house phone.” Rafael spoke, as his wife walked into the penthouse.

“Did she say anything about my blood draw?” Olivia asked, and Rafael smiled and nodded.

“Yeah, she did. You are ovulating perfectly and told me that we need to screw as often as possible.”

“I’m sure she said those exact words.” Olivia smiled.

“Dr. Morrison is a very crude woman.” Rafael laughed. He walked over to his wife before kissing her softly. It started to get a bit heated, but then Olivia stopped him.

“How was work?” Olivia asked, since she was sure her husband had a more eventful day than she did.

“It was okay. I really miss working bigger SVU cases. I can’t wait until your brother’s case is over so I can run back in and close some cases.” Rafael replied.

“I can't wait either… uh, but Sasha was waiting outside of Dr. Morrison’s office today and she wanted to talk about everything.”

“Did you tell her that you can’t talk? It could be seen as an attempt to cover something up.”

“I have been a detective for a while, Rafa. I know what I had to tell her.” Olivia grumbled.

“I’m sorry, I just don’t want you to get in trouble. You love your job, and the only time I want you to take off is for maternity leave.” Rafael frowned.