~Chapter 23~

Thomas set a map down and we all spoke to Vince about the city."There,that's it a few hundred miles but based on the rail ways and everything it's gotta be where there heading, it's where there taking Minho.We take everyone who can fight follow the rails where we came we can make it back in a week." Thomas said leaning against the table facing Vince."A week?" He reported confused."It took us 6 months to get here we got over a hundred kids and I'm not putting them on the line for one man. After what we just pulled you wanna wonder off at some random point of a map,you don't even know what's there." Vince added. "I do,it's been a few years but I've been there. The last city that's what wicked called it it's a while base.If that city is still standing that's the last place you wanna go." Jorge said standing next to me."That's the lions den." I added looking at Thomas. "It's nothing we haven't done before." Thomas added looking at Vince,Jorge and me. "Yeah with months of training." Vince snapped.Vince and Thomas argued so I left with Brenda and Jorge. I hated how they couldn't just sort it out and make a simple plan and stick to it. I ran back and shut the lights out to hear the helicopters hovering around. We all ran out and watched them search."He's right we can't just stay here." I said looking at Thomas.

We all went back inside and I got up with newt and fry to help Thomas. "Where do u think your going then?" Newt said turning the lamp on beside him revealing us both. "Newt,Ali." He said looking at us. "Don't be a twat about it we're already in." I added grabbing his bag."No no no not this time look even if we find Minho there no guarantee we're make it back." He snapped at us."Then your gonna need all the help you can get won't ya." I smirked at him opening the car door to see a Fry in the drivers seat.Thomas scoffed and looked at all of us."Look we started this togther may aswell end it that way." Newt said looking at him. "Ok,let's go get him back." He gave in and got in the car as we all drove off. We were in the road for a while and I had my head on Newts shoulder.

"Ali wake up." Newt softly said nudging me."Mhm." I sat up and we all got out of the car and looked at the tunnel. " You want us to go in there?" I said sitting on top of the car. Thomas looked at the map and the 3 boys looked at the tunnel."I don't wanna come across to negative but if I was a crank that's exactly where I'd be." Newt added looking at Thomas who was still scanning the map.I don't think we have much of a choice." Thomas said putting the map down."Alright I call shotgun." I called out jumping off the car. We got back in the truck and drove into the tunnel. I put my torch out looking around the sides."Woah woah." Fry said looking at us. I saw a crank standing in the middle coughing. "It's only one it's fine just go around it." I gulped looking at the creature."take it slow got it." Fry said. "OH MY GOD SHIT." I yelled looking at the blonde crank banging on the window. "FRY DRIVE." I yelled at him as more gathered around our car banging on the windows.Fry swerved the car from side to side trying to get the crank off. Our car crashed and we were now upside down. "Shit." I mumbled under my breath holding my arm.

"Everyone alright." Thomas called. "No but it is what it is." I said in pain.I kicked the door open and got out coughing. "Fry you good?" Thomas said as the crank ran at us. I shot it watching it fall to the floor. "Nice shot." Newt said while we all started to run. "HOLY SHIT I HATE YOU GUYS." I yelled as we stopped. We kept shooting until we heard a car knock all the cranks out the way."Guys get in." Brenda said while shooting the cranks.I ran to the car and sat down.We got out of the tunnel and I grabbed my arm in pain. "I'm impressed you guys almost lasted the whole thing." Jorge said smiling at me."Yeah well it would help if I didn't fuck up my arm I can't move it." I said from the back."It's fine I'll put it back in place Alison." Brenda said as I nodded at her while closing my eyes. "Sorry I didn't wanna bring you guys into this." Thomas said looking at Brenda."Hey what I think he's trying to say is thanks." Fry added from next to me."Your welcome." She smiled. "Yeah unless they figured another way to keep the cranks out." Newt said and that's when i saw the city. "Holy shit." I said in shock. Jorge stopped the car as we all got out and looked at the city.
—————————————————————

~WORD COUNT:888~