The baby

Callies POV,

I looked at the pregnancy test once again, I made sure that there were two lines yet again.

I looked away and turned back to it, in case the result would change.

Maybe I'm seeing more lines than there is?

One, two I counted yet again.

How do I tell Xavier? I need to do something big for him.

I suddenly got the idea and ran out of the bathroom.

I found a paper and wrote: you're not just an amazing husband, you're an amazing father!
Can't wait to meet you dad!

I drew a little hand and feet as well, coloring them with bright pink and blue color.

I put the pregnancy test in a bag along with the paper I wrote, and put them in his side of the closet under a shirt.

'Xavier? I have something to tell you

'What? What did I do? I swear I didn't do whatever it is.' He said a little scared.

'I need to talk to you'

'Could you at least tell me what it is?'

'No,' I laughed out loud, thankfully mindlink doesn't make the person hear if they laughed unless they laugh in their head.

I laid on the bed and smiled. Am I really pregnant?

Xavier burst into the room and slammed the door, "I'm sorry!" He yelled shocked by the amount of force he put on the door.

"Hi," he smiled.

I shook my head, "why are your clothes dirty?"

"Because?" He looked down at his shirt, "it's not dirty?"

"It looks dirty," I shrugged.

"Fine then I'll go change but can you please tell me what's going on? I had a heart attack on my way here."

I shrugged, "I'm not talking to someone with a dirty shirt."

He rolled his eyes but obliged, he left to the closet and I heard him suck in his breath.

I tiptoed after him into the closet and saw him reading the paper.

He looked back at me, "is this? What? This is the best news ever!"

He run to me and spun me around, I laughed as he did and he looked like the happiest person on earth.

He set me on the ground and hugged me, he loosened his grip and smiled, "I can't give you bone crushing hugs anymore, you," he poked my nose, "are two person now, persons? People?"

He shrugged and laughed, "I don't care! We're having a baby!"

He hugged me again, "I love you."

"I love you too," I said back.

He let go and I asked, "what do you want the baby to be?"

"Boy, girl, goat, sheep, chicken whatever it is as long as it's ours," he beamed.

I smiled at him and rubbed my stomach.

I have a feeling we are going to be great parents.

:)
Nine months later,

My tear filled eyes looked down at the baby in my arms, I sighed in content and looked at Xavier.

He smiled and caressed her forehead, "my beautiful baby girl."

I laid my head on the pillow as the nurse asked to take her to be bathed.

Xavier held my hands and sat in a chair beside me.

"Darling please sleep," he moved the hair that was stuck to my face due to my sweat filled face.

I didn't need to be told twice, I relaxed further into the bed and slept.

A few hours later, I woke up to the sound of a baby crying, confused I looked to my side to see a baby in a pink blanket.

The nurse rushed inside and saw me looking at my baby.

Xavier, who was sitting in the corner behind our baby girl, stood up and walked towards her.

He picked her up and cradled her, "Shh my little Maddie, everything is alright."

Our fussy baby stopped crying but kept looking around, the nurse said, "I apologize but I think Maddison is hungry."

Xavier brought her to me and I smiled at her.

My beautiful Maddison.

:D

Don't forget to vote, comment and share with friends!