Goodbye Agony hello true love

CC's POV

After the epic zombie showdown I collapsed from exhaustion. When I looked back up though I noticed Ash and Andy had disappeared somewhere.

I walked over to the nearest person who just so happened to be Crystal and asked her if she saw where Ashley went off to. (I could care less about Andy.)

"You like him don't you?" She giggled, as she raised herself up off the ground.

I gulped, "Is it that obvious?" She looked up at me with her pure black eyes and nodded, the smile still plastered on her pale, blood stained face.

"But I won't tell," she continued, " and to answer your question I believe he and Andy headed back into the house."

It's always Andy isn't it. He always is with Andy, always cares about Andy. Whenever Andy does something mean to him he always comes to me for help, but then in less than a day or two he goes crawling back to Andy. ANDY ANDY ANDY!!!

The angry look must have been clear on my face because Crystal placed a comforting hand on my bicep.

"Dude... chill," she began. "Why don't you just tell him how you feel and get over with it?" She asked. I could have sworn the smile on her face faltered for a second, but I thought nothing of it.

I shook myself out of my anger induced haze and nodded slightly. Crystal patted my arm reassuringly before going over to talk to Chris who, through out the whole battle, had simply watched. I watched her smack him across the head playfully before giving him a short hug. That girl really was something.

I stayed there for a second, lost in thought before I snapped back into reality. Time to confess my love... bad timing but... better now than never. I laughed quietly to myself before sliding past Jake and Cat who were in the middle of a conversation and making my way into the house. I opened the door and looked around for a second before hearing muffled moans coming from the living room. I didn't want to disturb whatever was going on, so I simply peaked my head around the corner, my long hair falling in my face as I did so.

When I brushed the matted mess away with my hand I almost fainted. Andy had Ashley pushed up against the wall and they were having a VERY heated makeup session. I felt all the rage from before once again build up in my head. ANDY ANDY ANDY!! It's always about fucking Andy!

I jumped out of my hiding spot and before I could stop myself, I had tackled Andy. Andy flailed under me as he screamed my name and Ash yelled and backed further into the wall.

"CC, what the hell dude!" Andy yelled, struggling to regain his breath.

"It was always you! No matter what I did he always went to you!" As I said this, sadness quickly took the place of my rage. Hot tears rushed down my face and my grip on Andy loosened. "H-He...." I tried to continue, but I kept choking on my sobs.

"What the fuck is-" Andy began, about to make some harsh rude comment, but he was interrupted by a soft soothing voice.

"Andy shut up." I looked up and saw Ashley slowly walking towards us. He lowered his hand down and helped raise me off the floor. I looked into his eyes, and the tears began to pour down harder.

"CC... I'm not sure whats wrong, but I'd like to help. Can you tell me?" His high pitched, countryish voice filled the air and broke my heart. No wonder he doesn't love me. He is so perfect and I'm so... not.

His unanswered question still hung in the air, as he waited patiently for me to respond. I didn't have the pride left to form a coherent sentence so I simply nodded. Ashley led me over to the couch and sat down next to me, motioning for Andy to leave as he did so.

"Care to explain Chubby?" Ash asked, scooting closer to me.

"I-I love you..." I managed to mumble out. I watched Ashley's face for a look of discussed or panic, but all I recieved was a small smile. He slowly leaned into me, his face only inches apart. I remembered on the bus when he did the same thing to whisper something in my ear. But this time... this time he actually kissed me. It was short, sweet, and full of passion, but something was missing.

"Feel anything?" Ash asked, his eyes gleaming knowingly.

I furrowed my brow and shook my head no. The man next to me laughed slightly before taking his finger and moving my face so I was looking at him.

"Than it was never meant to be."

As he said this I hung my head low, ashamed of my actions. "I-I'm s-sorry." I said, the tears once again threatening to fall. Just as before Ashley directed my gaze back onto him.

"CC don't apologize. I know how you feel. At one point I felt the way you did. Whenever you would walk into a room my heart would beat quickly and a smile would immediately form on my face. But then I met someone who... when he walked into the room my heart stopped beating completely, and just the mere thought of him caused me to smile. THAT is what true love feels like. I'm sure one day you will find it. But for now, I'm here for you, and I always will be."

The tears poured out of my eyes as I looked away from Ash. Behind him standing in the doorway was Crystal. Her shining black eyes staring into mine, and that same smile, although softer and more loving, plastered on her face.