This Heart of Nothing

Ashley's POV

I sat on my own for a little while, trying to decide whether or not we should actually go through with killing Kina. Did I even love her? Would it work? I was playing with my hands on the floor in Andy's room when I heard a slight knock on the door. I lifted my head slightly and mumbled "come in," to whoever was on the other side of the door. In a few seconds, Jinxx was sitting down next to me on the floor, cross legged just like me. I looked up and smiled. "Hi, Jinxx." I pushed my hair out of my face and looked at him, wondering what he had to say. "Hey Ash." he sighed quietly. "I'm really confused. I don't know what's going on, and to be honest, I'm very scared." He looked down at the floor and rolled his eyes. I nudged him a little, causing him to snap out of it. Seeing Jinxx scared made me even more worried than he was. If he went down, none of us would survive it. He was our rock, we loved him like a father. He was always so rational. Always so calm. "Ashley?" he asked, scooting closer as he spoke. I looked up and smiled, acknowledging his summon. "What are we going to do?"That was a good question... what were we going to do? I didn't have an answer so I just stayed silent. As I did so I began to feel dizzy. I shook it off just as Jinxx began talking again. "So this blood thing... Do you think Chris actually found a cure, or his he just talking shit?"Once again I had no answer. That was another thing... Jinxx always asks the best questions. The questions that could possibly save our lives. The intense feeling of nausea once again hit me. I closed my eyes tightly, but when I opened them my vision was blurred. "Ash are you okay?" Jinxx asked, leaning in closer to me. I shook my head yes and let him continue on. He asked me How I was feeling about killing Kina, how Andy was, and what I was planning on doing if the cure didn't work. All these questions were good ones, but at the moment I was incapable of finding an answer to a single one of them..."Jinxx," I answered, closing my eyes and leaning my head on his shoulder. "Jinxx. I'm going to die. Whether it be today, next week, in ten years. I KNOW I am going to die. And odds are that this blood cure thing isn't gonna work. You know what I'm gonna do? Nothing. Absolutely nothing because at this point I don't care. As long as I am with the people I care about it doesn't matter. Nothing matters anymore. DAMMIT JINXX DON'T YOU SEE THAT!"" I stood up and started screaming... I didn't know why, but I did. "THERE IS NO HOPE FOR ME ANY MORE AND... AND... and" I stopped screaming and lowered myself back onto the floor. I coughed into my hand and stared into the crimson liquid.

"Don't you see Mama Jinxx... I don't love anyone."