Love isn't always fair

Crystal's POV

It pained me to give CC that advice. He was a great guy, but I knew Ashley would reject him. From the moment Me, Cat, and Chris met the guys I could tell that CC's feelings were not returned. I sighed to myself and leaned up against the door to the house that CC had just passed through. Suddenly I heard a loud bang and a scream coming from Andy's living room. Fearing the Undead I ran inside, but what I saw made my heart shatter into a million peices. CC was tackling Andy, tears pouring down his face. Ashley offered CC his hand and together they walked towards the couch. I saw Ash motion Andy out of the room. Andy huffed, but complied and walked right passed me without a single word. How rude.

"I-I love you..." I heard CC whisper. I watched Ashley's face to see how he would react. Surprisingly enough he leaned in for a kiss! I felt jealousy consume my body, but I took a few short breaths and directed my attention back to them.

CC was looking away and I watched as Ashley gently guided his attention back on him before beginning to speak.

"CC don't apologize. I know how you feel. At one point I felt the way you did. Whenever you would walk into a room my heart would beat quickly and a smile would immediately form on my face. But then I met someone who... when he walked into the room my heart stopped beating completely, and just the mere thought of him caused me to smile. THAT is what true love feels like. I'm sure one day you will find it. But for now, I'm here for you, and I always will be." Ash wiped a few tears from his eyes and looked back at CC, but CC was not paying attention to him.

He was looking past his shoulder and straight at me. I smiled in recognition before turning around swiftly, embarrassed that I had been discovered. I walked into the kitchen, grabbed my previously abandoned beer and sat at the table. Five seconds later the seat to my left was being pulled out and Cat was by my side.

"So... you seem down." Cat said, awaiting an explanation for my quietness.

"You believe in love at first sight?" I asked, looking down at the brown liquid in my hands. Cat reached over and plucked it from my grasp, taking a sip before placing it on the counter behind her.

"What of it?" She replied, "Who's the lucky man?"

Her choice of words surprised me, but I answered her honestly. "CC."

A small smile crept onto her lips, but other than that she didn't speak. I realized that she wanted me to continue.

"Hes just so... so... perfect." I said, my cheeks warming up.

"Well go get em tiger." Cat answered, the smile still on her face. Since when did she smile? I asked her that and she just laughed. "I guess I failed to mention."

She grabbed my hand and dragged me down a twist and turn of hallways until we arrived in front of a picture. I gasped as it all pieced together in my mind.

"Thats awesome!" I replied enthusiastically, jumping slightly.

Cat simply grunted and together we walked back into the living room. Ashley was still sitting on the couch, but CC was long gone. I laid myself down on the floor and Cat sat herself down next to Ashley.

"What's goin on?" She asked, looking at the zoned out Ashley.

He shook his head as if to shake off the previous events before turning back to Cat.

"Um..." he began, " the zombie apocalypse... "

Cat laughed at his sarcasm and leaned slightly into his shoulder. Something was definitely going on there. Just as that occurred Andy walked back into the room and sat on the other side of Ashley. He leaned in closely before whispering something into the shorter man's ear. Whatever Andy said caused Ashley to blush like crazy and shake his head slightly before leaning further into the couch.

In response to this Cat got up from her spot on the couch and switched sides so she was next to her brother. I crawled over so I was laying at their feet, and grabbed the remote. I turned on the news and we all sat there contently.

Soon after though Jinxx and Jake walked in from outside and took their seats in the two lounge chairs next to the long couch. CC came down from the upstairs and sat on the other side of Ashley, offering Andy a look of apology as he did so. Chris came into the living room from the kitchen and put his book down as he sat on the floor by my feet. I laughed quietly to myself. We looked like one really messed up dysfunctional sitcom worthy family.