Set the World on Fire

Cat's POV

It all happened so suddenly. Crystal, foolishly, stood her ground in front of me. I tried to get in front of her, but she wouldn't let me passed. Then out of the corner of my eye I saw Chris. He made a leaping jump in front of Crystal.

The bullet went straight through his heart.

Crystal screamed at the top of her lungs before running next to her brothers fallen body. She slapped him hard across the face, attempted to help him up, spoke to him, and even went as far as to kiss and hug him. I watched as CC pried her away from the corpse. I turned around and looked at everyone.

Ashley hid his face in the pillow, Jinxx fell to his knees, Jake had fainted, Andy had silent tears streaming down his face, and CC was crying and trying to hold back a shrieking Crystal.

Crystal.

Her brother was the only family she had left. Her mother was dead, her father wasn't there for her, and she had no other siblings. Chris was her everything. If it wasn't for his existence I doubt she would still be alive right now.

I felt one singular hot tear run down my face as I looked away from Crystal and towards Kina.

Kina was looking down at the gun in her hands, her bottom lip quivering.

"C-CHRIS!! CHRIS GET UP!!" Crystal screamed from behind me.

"Crystal darling calm down shhh," I heard CC's voice chime in.

"HE IS NOT DEAD! LET ME GO!!! PLEASE!!!!" her voice became more desperate with every word.

Kina just stood there looking at all of us. Her eyes displayed shock, but no regret at all.

"I am sorry," she said, clutching the gun tighter around her chest, "but... I don't want to die."

I took a deep breath before pulling out my own gun. I didn't even hesitate. I cocked the trigger, took aim and shot her right in the leg. She fell to the ground with a thud.

"You killed my friend," I began, walking towards her slowly. "You killed my friend and you think you can still get out of this alive?"

Kina just sat there clutching at her bleeding leg.

"I am going to make you feel so much pain right now." I continued, kneeling down on the floor beside her.

When she didn't answer I shot her in the other leg. Then came the two arms. By this point she had blacked out do to the immense pain.

When I turned back around I wiped the blood from my hands and face.

"T-This is all my fault," Ashley cried into Andy's shoulder. "I am so s-sorry."

Andy shhh'd him quietly and rubbed his arm in a loving way.

Crystal had somehow managed to get out of CC's hold and was now laying next to Chris's body in the middle of the living room.

"Drink up Ash," I beckoned as I walked over to join Crystal. I laid down next to her and stroked her hair.

"H-he won't get up," she sobbed, clutching her brothers hand in her own.

"Its ok Crystal," I reassured, "He is happy now. I bet he is looking down on you and crying. He wouldn't want you to be sad. You have me and CC and everyone else to help you ok?"

She absent mindedly nodded in response.

I turned around and saw Ashley... blood dripping down his face.

"That was gross.." He muttered, wiping himself clean with his sleeve.

And with that we all walked home. Jake had to be carried by Jinxx the whole time since he was in too much of a state of shock to do anything. Ashley was a sobbing mess next to Andy, and Andy just seemed kinda zoned out. Crystal walked along next to CC silently, looking up at the sky while her boyfriend tried desperately to get her to talk.

I held in my arms Chris's body.

We finally arrived back at Andy's and went to the backyard. We burned the body and shared a long moment of silence, only broken by the occasional sob or cry.

Crystal didn't attend. She sat in her room watching the fire alone.

(AN: I am so sorry!!! Please don't kill me!! )