Shitty Love story

Andy's POV

Ashley and I had stayed outside for a long time talking things out. We sat on my front steps cuddling for a minutes before we heard the door open behind us.

Crystal walked out, her face red, and her hand over her heart. "Hey, what are you two doing out here alone?" She was out of breath.

We both just shrugged and all was once again silent. If only that silence could have lasted, but before long the quiet was split by a low growl.

"Shit!" Ashley cried, immediately standing up and scanning the area. I put my hand on his shoulder, also looking around to make sure nothing would pop out and kill us all.

Crystal grabbed our arms and pulled us inside, locking the door behind us. (Not that that would help us at all...) Her black eyes had tears flowing out of them. She was afraid it seemed, but she wanted to stay strong and help us fight.

Just then, we heard groaning from the other side of the door and ran away from it. There was scratching and banging coming from the outside, and we all knew that the cause of those sounds were zombies. Ashley and I intertwined our fingers and ran behind Crystal who was leading us into the back room where everyone else was. Cat stood up immediately and tried to speak to me and Ashley but I cut her off with a strict "Not now." She quickly sat back down, obviously scared of what I would do if she continued.

"So there are some zombies out there," Crystal started, ringing her hands nervously. "What are we gonna do?" CC walked up and wrapped his arms around her waist, but she stepped away.

"I say we go out there and mow those mother fuckers down!" Jake cheered, grabbing the mop that was leaning next to him. Chris, the quiet one, looked up from his book and actually smiled. He cheered, showing his agreement with Jake. Jake looked over at him and winked. Something definitely was happening there.

CC was trying to hold Crystal to make her feel better, but she kept stepping back. Either she was embarrassed or didn't want to seem vulnerable. I glanced over at Ashley to see that he was sweaty and shaking.

"Hey. Are you scared baby?" I whispered into his ear, trying not to embarrass him. I placed my hand on his shoulder, pulling him close. Just as Ashley was about to speak, a familiar, monotone voice spoke up.

"Enough with this shitty love story. Can we go kick some ass now?" I looked over to see Cat rolling her eyes at us in disgust.

No one opposed, so we all grabbed our weapon of choice and headed towards the door. Cat was the first the exit, followed closely by Crystal. We all tagged along behind them as we exited and saw the huge zombie hoard accumulated around my front porch.

Ashley whimpered next to me, but kept his weapon raised. The zombies closed in, coming closer and closer, and we all readied ourselves. Crystal was the first to acts. She ran up to a zombie and sent it flying, Cat took that as her cue to begin shooting.

I picked up my own guns, and began shooting for my life (literally). My brave darling was standing to my right and swinging his bat ferociously. Blood splattered everywhere, and the only sounds where the sound of hitting and the occasional ninja noises.

All was going well when I suddenly heard an ear piercing scream. I turned around just in time to see a zombie sink its teeth into Ashley's arm. Ash continued to scream as he fell to his knees. CC ran over and killed the zombie before bursting into tears and falling beside Ash. I was frozen in place, unable to process life anymore. I was going to have to kill him, my one, my only... He needed to die...