I Need You

Cats POV

After talking to CC about Crystals little outburst, we both came to the conclusion that she needed to be left alone to sort out her emotions. It was obvious she was grieving, but there was some other emotion there. You could see she wasn't entirely in the right state of mind. But hell, I wouldn't be either if someone that close to my died.

I hadn't talked to Ashley in a while, since I was scared I might say something I didn't mean, but now I had come to terms with Chris's death.

I walked to the room him and Andy were staying in, and knocked quietly on the door. No one answered, so I knocked again. There was still no answer, and I couldn't hear any noise coming from inside the room. I cracked open the door and stepped inside, worried that something might have happened to Ash and my brother.

My concern was put to ease though once I saw Ashley, sleeping contently on the bed. His long, dark brown hair was tangled around is face, as his hands twitched slightly in his sleep. His chest rose and fell peacefully and I couldn't help but smile. He looked so carefree, so happy, when he slept. It was almost as if it were a normal day and Ashley would wake up with a big smile on his face and everything would be ok.

In reality though, Ash would open his eye lids to reveal yellow eyes, and he would spend the whole day feeling sick to his stomach not only because he was infected, but because he is filled with guilt over things that were out of his control. There will be no more peace any time soon in Ashley's life. His peaceful slumber is just an illusion of what may never be.

As I sat there admiring Ashley's beauty, I heard the door behind me squeak open.

"What's up Cat?" Andy said, coming up behind me and wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

I shook myself from my trance, "Well, I came in here to check on Ashley and you. Crystal beat him up bad." I attempted to chuckle, but couldn't bring myself to smile.

"Well he is fine. A little shaken up and bruised, but for the most part he is ok." Andy answered, walking over and sitting on the edge of the bed.

The two of us sat in silence for a while, the only sound being Ashley's consistent breathing.

I looked over at Andy and noticed he had tears trailing down his face. I walked over to his side, grabbed his hand, and led him out of the room so he would not disturb Ashley.

"Whats wrong Batman?" I asked, leaning my back against the wall.

"I can't do this," he said, wiping his eyes with the back of his hand. "I can't stay here. It is too depressing. I have to watch the person I love get closer and closer to dying ever single day! All I can think about when I hold him is how one day I'm going to have to bash his skull in as he tries to kill me! I just can't do it! I think I am going to leave, but I can't tell Ashley that. He would be so sad, and I can't see him sad."

This made me so angry. How dare he think of leaving Ashley! Ashley is sick and he needs someone to care for him right now! He loves Andy with all his heart and Andy is just gonna run away and leave Ash to die because it makes HIM sad!

"Andy," I began, taking a deep breath, "Do you know how fucking selfish that is! HE LOVES YOU AND HE IS SICK! YOU'RE JUST GONNA LEAVE HIM TO DIE BECAUSE YOU DON'T FEEL LIKE SEEING HIM SAD! WHAT KIND OF BOYFRIEND ARE YOU! YOU NEVER REALLY LOVED HIM! IF YOU LOVED HIM YOU WOULD STAY!"

I saw more tears fall from Andy's blue eyes, but I could care less at this point.

"I do love hi-" I cut him off.

"NO! NO YOU FUCKING DON'T! IF YOU DID YOU WOULD BE IN THERE WITH HIM RIGHT NOW! YOU WOULD BE HOLDING HIM AND TELLING HIM IT WOULD BE OK! YOU WOULD BE THERE FOR HIM! BUT NO... WHENEVER THINGS GET ROUGH YOU RUN AWAY! YOU'RE A COWARD!"

"That's not true!" Andy yelled, his face getting red. "I am leaving because I love him and I can't bare to see him DIE!!"

A small, fragile voice broke the tension in the air, and the words spoken made my stone cold heart break in two.

"A-Andy..." Ashley spoke as he turned the corner. "Y-y-you can't leave me..." He began to cry. "I-I n-need you."