I Never Want to Hear Again

Andy's POV

(AN: I know I already went through this convo, but this is from Andy's perspective so bare with me children)

Cat pulled me gently out of the room, and I immediately caved.

"I can't do this," I said, wiping my eyes. "I can't stay here. It is too depressing. I have to watch the person I love get closer and closer to dying ever single day! All I can think about when I hold him is how one day I'm going to have to bash his skull in as he tries to kill me! I just can't do it! I think I am going to leave, but I can't tell Ashley that. He would be so sad, and I can't see him sad."

"Do you know how fucking selfish that is!" Cat started, making me jump slightly. "HE LOVES YOU AND HE IS SICK! YOU'RE JUST GONNA LEAVE HIM TO DIE BECAUSE YOU DON'T FEEL LIKE SEEING HIM SAD! WHAT KIND OF BOYFRIEND ARE YOU! YOU NEVER REALLY LOVED HIM! IF YOU LOVED HIM YOU WOULD STAY!"

I knew what Cat was saying was true. I was a horrible person. Ashley was hurt and he needed all the love and support he could get, but I fear that I am not giving that to him. I don't know what to do anymore. Everyday I can see Ashley slipping from my grip more and more. I already lost Juliet... I couldn't bare to loose Ashley too. If I run away from my problems than I can just pretend they don't exist. That would be the easiest thing to do. I know it is selfish and I know it is wrong, but I don't see any other option.

Her words ran through my head, "if you loved him you would stay." I did love Ash. I loved him so much and I don't know what to do. He is my other half. Even when he is having the worst moment of his life he goes out of his way to make me feel loved and happy. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

"I do love hi-," I began, but Cat cut me off.

"NO! NO YOU FUCKING DON'T! IF YOU DID YOU WOULD BE IN THERE WITH HIM RIGHT NOW! YOU WOULD BE HOLDING HIM AND TELLING HIM IT WOULD BE OK! YOU WOULD BE THERE FOR HIM! BUT NO... WHENEVER THINGS GET ROUGH YOU RUN AWAY! YOU'RE A COWARD!"

I saw Cat's face becoming more red with every word. I tried to block out what she was saying, but her words held so much truth. I love Ashley... I KNOW I do! I love him so much and that is why I can not be in there with him! I can't stand to see him like this! I just can't...

"That's not true!" I yelled, interrupting Cat's harsh speech . "I am leaving because I love him and I can't bare to see him DIE!!"

In that moment my world felt as if it was ending.

I heard the light footsteps first, followed by the shy yelp of surprise, perused by the chocked back sob, topped off by the most heartbreaking, adorable voice I never want to hear again.

"A-Andy..." Ashley spoke as he turned the corner. "Y-y-you can't leave me..." He began to cry. "I-I n-need you."