Sex and the End of the world?

Cat's POV

I may not had known Ashley for a while, but boy, I wish I did. I was sat in between him and my brother, Andy. It was awkward for the most part, considering something was definitely going on between them, and I was right in the middle of it. I glanced over at Andy to see him concentrated on the tv, so I whirled around to talk to Ashley, who had zoned out a while ago. I waved my hand in front of his perfectly structured face.

"Hey... Ash. Yooooo hooooo?" I joked, trying to get his attention. Ashley's eyes immediately met mine, but he looked over at Andy right after that. He then looked back at me and responded, pretending to be interested.

"What?" he responded, boredom in his voice.

I rolled my eyes. "You were zoned out." I laughed.

"Oh. I didn't even realize. Hi." he smiled back.

I blushed whenever he spoke. Love is weird. Why are my cheeks turning pink? So many thoughts ran through my head.

"Hi. Can I, uh, talk to you in a quieter area?" I asked him, trying to make it as less awkward as possible. He nodded as I grabbed his arm and led him into a back bedroom with no one in it. I sat down on the bed, gesturing him to come sit with me. Ashley came over and placed himself only a few feet away from me. "What's up?" the faint country accent was clear in his voice.

"Oh, nothing. This is all so weird. The zombie apocalypse and stuff, I mean." I stuttered as I spoke, considering the whole "interacting with people" thing was still new to me.

"Yeah, really weird." He breathed, obviously not paying attention to me. Rolling my eyes again, I built up the courage and leaned in quickly to kiss him on the cheek. His eyes shot up at me, surprised.

"Woah, um, what was that for?" He asked, awkwardly.

"Everything is weird these days, right?" I stood up and walked around him seductively. "Like, I just found out that the guy you're fucking is my brother." I whispered, plastering a fake surprised look on my face. He looked back at me and glared at me. I shot a totally plastic smile at him and sat back down next to him, placing my arm around his shoulder. I leaned in again and kissed him on the cheek once more, whispering in his ear this time.

"I guess we're all trying new things now. I mean, it's the end of the world, anyway."