pt. dos

Episode: Schooled

! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ !

Coming back from work, Penelope was tired, completely exhausted from her day. It ended up being worse as she stumbled to the front door by the trash bag that Alex had "taken out".

Opening the door, she was met with little kids, circling her living room in pink and black tights, with Lydia directing. The older woman smiles at them and has them praise until she turns to her daughter.

"Hopeless," She tells.

"I really need to study. What happened to finding a place at the church?" asked the nurse.

"I would never put God through this. Everything is very expensive, so I'm going to wait until after you graduate and you get your big raise." She then shooed the kids out of the living room and into the kitchen for snacks. "Look at them, so excited about food. They will never be dancers."

"Where's Alex and Andrea?" Penelope questioned.

"Papito is in my room, practicing the cello. Andrea is with her father for the day."

The mom opens the curtain, seeing the boy on his phone. Looking up to her, he quickly switched from the phone to his cello.

Of course, piling on, Elena threw boards and markers all over the dining table, making Penelope shout, "Hey, hey, hey! No, no, no. That's my workspace."

"Sorry, Mom, I really need the help."

"For what? 'Cause I know you have homework and this ain't homework."

"I'm planning on starting a GSA at school. A Gay-Straight Alliance."

"Are you gay?" Alex comes over. "I forgot became you haven't mentioned it in the last five minutes."

"Papito, trash, cello, then make fun of your sister," The mother orders.

"Anyway... I'm expecting a big pushback from the Catholic school administration. So, I'm getting a jump on the protest signs. And I've been practicing my angry staring-down-nuns look."

As the glasses girl does it, Penelope comments, "That's more of a 'someone at the office stole my yogurt' face, but you keep working on it. Not here."

"I don't understand why do you need a gay club," Lydia says, "We get it. You're here, you're queer, we're used to it. Move on!"

"Abuelita, what if someone told you not to talk about being Cuban?"

"I would kick them in the aguacates, why do you ask?"

After Alex was done putting away the trash, he asked her, "Mami, did you make my braces appointment yet?"

"No, I didn't," She answers.

Elena chimes, "Mom, have you seen that thing——"

"Can everyone just get off my back and do what you're supposed to be doing?!" She breaks, making everyone quite confused.

"Mom, why are you so uptight?" asked the daughter.

"I'm sorry. But I'm working my sweet nalguitas off, and you guys should be, too! That's why I'm at the top of my class! I'm just being real with you."