Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Katniss’s POV:

Peeta calls my name and I turn around to find Peeta on one knee.

Oh my gosh! Is it finally happening?

“Katniss, I don’t know what I would do without you. You are my world. I’ve loved you ever since we were little and I’m going to until I die. This time it’s not for the Capitol, it’s for us. You brighten up my day and you bring a smile to my face even if your not trying. Our relationship has been a real rollercoaster but it’s been all worth it because here we are. We’ve been through thick and thin together to get to where we are today.”

“So Katniss Everdeen, will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?”

Tears are filling up my eyes.

“Oh my god Peeta, yes, yes, yes, I will marry you! I love you so much!”

“I love you too.”

We then kiss passionately for a long time which was our best kiss ever! When we release I look down at the ring on my finger and it’s so beautiful!

It has two small diamonds on the side and in the very middle is the pearl Peeta gave to me in the arena.

“Peeta this ring is beautiful! It even has the pearl!”

“I knew you’d love it!”

We kiss again softly and then we pack up our stuff and head back home.

When we head home we decide to call my mom to tell her the big news!

“Hey Ms. Everdeen!” said Peeta.

“Hi Katniss! Hi Peeta! Why are you calling?”

“We wanted to call to tell you some news!” I said.

“What is it?”

“We’re getting married!” we both said.

“Oh my gosh guys that’s great!”

“Thanks Ms. Everdeen!”

“Call me Mom, Peeta!”

“Okay! Bye!”

“Bye!”

We then head upstairs to go to bed.

“Goodnight Peeta! Thank you for an amazing night! I love you!”

“I love you too! Goodnight.”