Chapter 2

Chapter 2

(This fanfic includes stuff from Mockingjay)

Katniss’s POV:

He turns around and I see something, something I haven’t seen before in a long time.

The sparkle in his eyes. The eyes that don’t look like they’ve been tortured.

“Peeta, what are you doing here?”

“Dr. Aurelius sent me back to District 12.”

“Why are you standing right by my house?”

“I was walking through the woods and found these,” as he was pointing to the wheelbarrow, “and I wanted to plant them in your garden, for her.”

I looked behind them and found what he was talking about. 

Primroses.

Tears started to build in my eyes as I ran back into my house and into my room. I didn’t want to think about it. I laid down in my bed and sobbed into my pillow.

I then heard the door open and felt the bed dip down beside me. I expected it to be Peeta, but when I turned around it was Greasy Sae.

“You ok dear?”

“Yes I’m fine, I’m just a little upset.”

“About what?”

Right as she asked that question I burst into tears again.

“Katniss, calm down.”

“I can’t calm down ok?!?”

Then she left.

I felt bad but I wanted to be alone. Kind of. It’s just that nothing Greasy Sae could say or do could make me feel better. There was only one person that could do that.

Peeta.

I want him next to me. Him holding me in his arms warding off all the nightmares is all I want at the moment. Not Greasy Sae bringing her soup to me and tell me to “calm down”. 

Just Peeta.

And me.

Together.

Is all I want.