Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Peeta's POV:

After we feed Finnie, we decided to give him a bath since he had stuff all over him.

We put the bubbles in the bathtub and put him in.

"Bubbles!" says Fiinick excitingly.

"Yeah!" says Katniss as she blows the bubbles.

Finnick splashs in the water and starts laughing.

We then take him out of the bathtub and go downstairs while Finnick is wrapped in a towel and I'm holding him.

"Here Katniss," I say while handing her Finnie, "you change his diaper and get him into his clothes while I make dinner for us."

I go over to the kitchen and start making dinner for Katniss and I. When I look back into the living room a couple minutes later, I see Katniss struggling to put on Finnie's diaper. I walk over and say, "having a little trouble there?"

"Yeah. Sorry."

"No it's okay. I'm not absolutely sure how to do it either but we can figure it out together."

Together we help put on Finnick's diaper and then I finish making dinner.

Katniss and I sit down at the dinner table together and eat while Finnick sits in his mini swing that Annie brought.

After we finish, we go into the guest room and set up Finnick's portable bed.

We put Finnick in there and say, "goodnight!."

We turn off the light and close the door.

Katniss and I head downstairs into the living room and watch some TV.

"Well it's been a tiring day!" I say.

"Tell me about it!"

We sit and watch TV for a while and then we get ready for bed.

We get in bed and lay there.

"Katniss, you're going to make a great mother! You did amazing today!"

"Aw Peeta you're going to be a great father!"

I kiss her lips softly and then we drift to sleep.

I wake up in the middle of the night to Finnie crying.

I go into the guest bedroom and pick him up.

"What's wrong buddy?"

"Alone."

"Oh, do you want to come into our bed?"

He nods as I walk into our room and I find Katniss sitting up in bed.

"What's wrong?"

"He was crying because he wanted to come into our room."

"Oh okay! Bring him here!" Katniss says while hitting the spot in between us.

I climb into bed and place Finnie in between us, as my arm in around Katniss.

We then fall asleep together.