Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Katniss’s POV:

After Haymitch and Effie leave, Peeta and I sit on the couch and watch some TV. 

“Hey Katniss, I have something to tell you.”

“What is it, Peeta?”

“Well, I’ve been meaning to tell you this for a while, but I got the bakery rebuilt and I’m going to start running it tomorrow!”

“Oh my gosh Peeta that’s great! Can I see it?”

“Of course you can! Let’s go now!”

We walk through District 12 until we get to the bakery. Peeta go into his pockets, pulls out a key, and unlocks the door.

“Peeta it’s beautiful!”

The walls are green and they’re grey countertops.

“Thanks I designed it myself! I figured we needed some more money for the house since they’re now two people living in it, so I reopened the bakery!”

“Well I’m glad! Your going to look so handsome in a apron!”

I kiss him and then I ask him, “Peeta, do you mind if I stay in the bakery with you tomorrow since it’s the first day?”

“Sure, I would love that! Maybe I can teach you how to bake!”

“Okay!”

We head home and then Peeta whips up some dinner. Then, we sit at the dinner table.

“Hey Katniss, after work tomorrow, do you want to go somewhere?”

“Sure, where?”

“There’s a beautiful cliff that I used to go to as a kid that has a beautiful view of the sunset!”

“That sounds amazing!”

“It is amazing!”

After we finish eating, we go upstairs and get ready for bed. Then, we climb into bed.

“Peeta, I love you.”

“I love you too.”