Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Katniss’s POV:

I’m sitting in my home in Victors Village after coming back from District 13. The revolution is over. President Snow and Coin are dead. I know all of this wouldn’t have happened if it weren’t for me. I wonder where Peeta is. He’s probably still in District 13 with Dr. Aurelius. Greasy Sae walks over to me and hands me some lamb stew.

“I think you should go outside, spring’s in the air today!”

I hesitate for a second and think about it. Maybe I could go hunting! 

I walk down the hall and look for my bow and arrow.

“Do you know where my bow and arrow is?” I asked Greasy Sae.

“I think it’s in the office,” said Greasy Sae.

I open the door to the office and find just what I’m looking for, my bow and arrow. Being in the office reminds me of that time when I had that meeting with President Snow. Just the thought of that conversation sends chills down my spine. I brush it off and walk back into the living room. 

“You going hunting?”

“Yeah, want anything specific for your recipes?”

“That would be lovely dear, maybe a couples squirrels?”

“Ok bye Greasy Sae!”

 I hesitantly walk out the door and I find someone I thought I would never see again in Victor’s Village.

“Peeta?”