Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Katniss’s POV:

After I dance with Haymitch, we sit down for dinner.

We hear the glass ring and we see Beetee in his wheelchair.

It’s now time for the maid of honor and best man speeches.

“When I first met Katniss and Peeta, it was during the 75 Hunger Games. Without their help, we wouldn’t have been able to survive. I wish you guys the best of luck on your wonderful journey to come!”

We walk over and hug and thank him and then Johanna stands up.

“Well these two have been through one heck of a ride. But together, they’re unstoppable. They have the sweetest love story ever and I hope that it continues forever and forever!”

Everyone starts cheering and then we eat.

After we eat, the cake comes out that Peeta baked.

“Oh my gosh Peeta the cake looks amazing!”

It was an all white cake with beautiful piping on the bottom of each tier. On the top with orange and green piping it says “Real and Always.”

“I made it as best as I could for the love of my life.”

I kiss him hard on the lips and he kisses back as the cake is wheeled closer to us.

Together, Peeta and I held the knife and cut the first slice of the cake.

We cross our arms together as I feed Peeta a piece of cake. After we feed each other cake, I give Peeta a kiss filled with icing on our mouths.

We start laughing and then we start eating the rest of the cake.

After we finish eating the cake, we dance and talk until we get tired.

We get in the limo and we drive back to our house.

“The was amazing.” I say.

“Yes it was. I love you.”

“I love you too.”

We kiss passionately for a while and then we start packing for our honeymoon at the beach since we’re leaving tomorrow.