FM 17

"I don't want to hurt you anymore"

"LY!!!"

Den woke up in the middle of the night, screaming and jolting from the bed.

"Hey, baby" Ly immediately sat up beside Den to hug her "hey, shusshh, it's only a dream". Ly brushed Den's hair and caressed her face to calm her down.

"What is it?" Ly asked, but Den couldn't speak, she felt as if walls were closing in around her and she was having difficulty breathing. She was crying and hyperventilating as she grasped Ly's shoulders for support.

"Den, come on baby, breath" Ly stroked Den's back and hugged her tighter until she could feel Den's tears subside. Tilting Den's head, Ly gave her a quick kiss on the lips. "Tell me what's bothering you babe, please?"

Den tried to steady her breathing, but her tears continued to gush. Keeping her eyes closed, she hooked her arms around Ly's neck in an attempt to bring them closer together. "Ly, please don't leave me.."

"Hey, what made you say that?" Ly kissed her eyelids to urge her to open her eyes.

"What you said... It felt like a goodbye."

Ly shifted their positions so that she could sit with her back leaning on the headboard. She wrapped her arm around Den's back and brought Den to rest on her chest. Den placed her head close to Ly's heart and tightened her embrace on Ly's waist.

"Den, what's going to happen to us?"

"I don't know Ly. Sometimes I feel like I don't know anything anymore."

"I know I love you.." Ly spoke bitterly, as she stared at the ceiling to stop herself from crying.

Den closed her eyes as she listened to Ly's heartbeat. "Well, that's one thing I DO know.."

"Den, I know it's going to be hard. I know it wouldn't be all roses and rainbows. But i'm willing to go through all of that if it means being able to love you."

"Why do you love me Ly?"

"Why? I don't know. Is that question even answerable by any words or explanation? All I know is that I knew what love is when I fell in love with you"

"What if we get separated again?"

"Then I'll find you, I will always find you"

Ly lifted Den's hand to her lips and kissed it.

"Den, do you think your parents will ever accept us?"

Den leaned up so that she could be level with Ly, "I don't need their acceptance if it would mean not being with you"

"You're so brave" Ly sighed "sometimes I wish I could be brave like you are"

Den kissed Ly's nose "I'm brave because I have your love holding me up, giving me reasons to fight"

"What if I make a mistake babe? Do you think you can forgive me?"