FM 26

"You're in love with me? Can you even hear yourself?!"

"Yes, I'm in love with you. I've been in love with you since that day I met you at camp, even before I knew who you were."

"Stop! Stop!" Ly covered her ears in an attempt to shut Den out.

"I've been in love with you every single day, not one day did I ever stop"

Ly paced around the room, shaking her head to distract herself.

"And I know I will still love you, even if you're with someone else, because, honestly, I don't know how to teach my heart to stop loving you."

Den reached Ly and held both of Ly's hands to hold her still. "I know I hurt you, there is no way I can take that back. But I do, love you, still Ly."

"You lost that right when you chose to walk away from what we had..." Ly said stoic, as Den hugged her, but Ly just kept her hands on her side.

-------------

Text from Ly: "You can come and get your stuff at the apartment today. I'll be out from 3-6pm, that should be enough time for you to get everything."

I opened the door of what used to be our apartment and found it empty, just as we have agreed.

I entered, closing the huge glass door behind me, and turned on the lights. The house is eerily silent with its huge walls and large spaces, with pictures hung on the wall as the only remnants of its once happy occupants.

I roam my eyes around the empty walls. I haven't been here for more than 3 months and I can see that she hasn't changed anything. It is exactly as it is when I left that night, not knowing that I will never return to her. This house, the result of all our hardwork, is the place we built our lives in. Whatever money we were able to save from our allowances and endorsements, we spent building this home. Our home.

I placed my keys on the side table and stopped as I saw the picture frame set on it. Picking up the frame, I couldn't help but smile as I remembered the photo which was taken during our first night that we spent in this house.

I wiped the tears that fell involuntarily from my eyes. This house is full of memories, in here we built our new life together. Every corner holds a story of what we had. I know I should be packing, but I felt to weak to move. I just want to bask in this moment and relive them for the last time.

I lost track of time, as I heard the main door open. Checking my watch, I berated myself as it was already 6pm and I was nowhere near done packing my stuff.

I walked out of the room and found Ly, her back to me, taking off her shoes and jacket.

"Sorry, I'm not yet done"

I saw her stiffen upon hearing my voice but she did not turn to look at me.

"I should be done in an hour"

She turned to face me and I could see that she has lost weight. But she was still so beautiful that it felt like I had to summon all my strength not to lunge at her and hug her. Oh how I missed her.

She slowly nodded her head, but her face was devoid of any emotions. "I'd be at the kitchen"

I followed her and saw that she took a beer from the fridge. Taking a peek, I saw that it was filled with beer and not enough food.

"Have you already had dinner?" I asked

She looks at me... No.. She looks through me as if I am invisible and gulps down her beer, before walking past me to go to the sala.