FM 20

"Wakey wakey sweetie"

Den scrunched her nose as she felt something against it. Taking a peek, she saw Ly kneeling on the side of the couch, stroking her nose.

"Sleepy"

"Den, wake up, you need to eat. Pizza's here"

Den shifted to her side, opening her eyes partially, she reached out to grab Ly and pulled he down.

Ly laughed as she fell to the couch and Den enclosed her in a hug, trapping Ly in her embrace.

Kissing Den's nose, Ly brushed den's hair before hugging the smaller girl back. "Den, sweetie, come on. Let's eat so that we can already go home"

Still with her eyes closed, Den replied "too tired, to sleepy to drive"

"I'll drive you home, we can leave your car here"

"Don't like"

"Ok ok" Ly laughed "what do you want to do?"

"Eat. Sleep."

"Here?"

"Yes"

"Ok, I'll go home now. I'll just bring clothes for you tomorrow"

"No!" Den whined like a child, resting her head closer to Ly's chest and hugging her tighter. "Stay here"

"only if you wake up now so that we can eat"

Den bolted up and ran straight to the table "hmmm pizza!"

Ly shook her head in amazement as to how Den can shift moods. Following Den, Ly pulled a chair for Den before proceeding to fix their meal.

They sat on the side table right beside the big windows. Overlooking the city, they were illuminated by the stars and the moon, casting shadows upon them.

"Hmmm" Den closed her eyes in delight as she finally realized how hungry she was.

"Den, can you promise me that you'll take care of yourself?"

"I have you to do that for me right?" Den smiled.

"Seriously. I can't be with you all the time to take care of you"

"Boo.." Den pouted and put down her pizza as if losing her appetite.

By the way Den nibbled on her food, Ly knew that she had offended her. Ly walked over to Den's side and hugged her waist. With Den seated on the bar chair, her head was levelled with Ly's chest. Ly placed her chin atop Den's head.

Den twisted the hem of Ly's shirt, in an attempt to distract her tears.

There it is again, the silence she so dreaded.

Ly could feel the tension in Den's energy and she started peppering Den's hair with small kisses. This always calms her down since they were young. Even after they had broken up, they remained this way.

Den shifted in her chair so that Ly can also kiss her eyes, her forehead, every inch of skin that craved for Ly's kisses.

Unconsciously, Den slowly hooked her arm towards Ly's nape as she hold on for control. Den was sinking, drowning, falling...

"Ly" her throat felt parched, and her voice came out in almost a whimper

"Hmmm" Ly hummed as she kissed Den's chin

"Your phone" Den breathed heavily holding on to Ly's shoulder

"Oh, wait" Ly let go of Den as she picked up her phone and walked away from Den.

Den steadied herself, holding on to the table, as she slapped her forehead. From across the room, she could hear Ly

"Hi, yah, sorry I lost track of time.. Uhmm, I'm ok. I'll be staying over with Den... Uhmmm... Ok... I love you too Alfred"

Den slammed her hand on her ears as she shook her head to erase the thoughts in her head.

Ly doesn't know. She can't