Chapter 11

Mosou no Hitotachi

• • • • • • •

. . .

"(Y/N).." I heard Kazuha's voice. He gently nudged me in the shoulder.

"Hmm..?" I opened my eyes, squinting at the sudden bright room. "What is it??" I asked.

"I'll tell you on the way, but we need to head out now." He says. I watched him take his blade, and stopped at the door.

"I'll meet you in the woods once you're ready." He heads out, leading me confused with many questions.

What's going on? Did something happen? Where's Tomo? Did something happen to him? Are we getting attacked?

Those questions fled my mind as I hastily changed my clothes. Last night he... No. Now is not the time for that. I shook my head, embarrassed at myself.

I grabbed my blade and placed it over my back, and headed out the house.

Once I stepped outside, I realized that it was still dark. However, the sun is just barley visible over the horizon.

I rushed over to the woods where Kazuha said to meet him, careful not to overwork my still healing wound. Although it seems like it's healed already, it definitely doesn't feel that way.

"Kazuha!" I shouted out, trying to look for him in the now even darker woods. It's hard to see once it's at night, which makes traveling or chasing someone difficult.

"(Y/N)! Over here!" He shouts back. I headed over in the direction of the sound. I spotted something bluish green glowing in the dark, which I recognized as his vision.

He grabs my hand firmly, but not as hard to the point where it would hurt. He started to pull me, and I followed him, picking up speed, as our footsteps trampled the grass.

"What's going on??" I asked, panting slightly between breaths.

I learned from Tomo to not breath normally while running, but to breath in and out throughout the mouth, to get in more oxygen, and get out more carbon dioxide. It helps by allowing more oxygen to the muscles, allowing you to be more alert and active.

"It's Tomo." He replied. "I would've thought he forgot about it when we took you in, but it seems I was wrong." We took a turn to the right, in the direction of Inazuma City.

"Forgot about what??" I said, more confused than ever.

"His duel with the Raiden Shogun." He inhaled sharply through his teeth.

"W-What..?" I widened my eyes in shock. He's challenging the Shogun?! Why?! That's suicidal-!

"That idiot..." He mumbled, but said nothing more.

. . .

We had reached the entrance of the city, and I'm at high risk of being sighted. But, that isn't our concern right now.

We stood there, catching our breath after running from the house to Inazuma. It took a long time, as it was already morning.