Chapter 13

Familiar Face

• • • • • • •

I open my eyes, still finding myself in the same spot I was in before, still holding Kazuha dear to me.

I was hoping that everything was just a dream, and that I would wake up in Kazuha's bed, safe and guarded under his arms, and Tomo well and alive, joking around as he would be.

But, Tomo's dead. And we're most likely wanted criminals already, posters set up all over the country.

"Did I wake you up?" Kazuha's soft voice startled me, as I forgot he was watching for the night.

"No.." I mumbled.

He smiled, and gently caressed my head, making me sleepy once again.

I let myself dose off once again, resting my head on his chest, and allowed myself to fall asleep.

. . .

"(Y/N)..." A soft voice said, then a gentle nudge. "(Y/N), it's sunrise...!"

After hearing the word sunrise, I pulled myself up, and open my eyes.

"Mmh.." I mumbled as I rub my eyes, trying to adjust to the new bright sun.

"Sorry.. I wanted to wake you up before sunrise, and..." Kazuha gently rubbed his eyes, indicating he too was also tired.

I pulled him next to me, eliminating the space that was between us.

"It's fine.." I said, placing my head on his collar bone. "Just, next time... Just wake me, and I'll keep watch, okay?"

I pulled away to see his expression, but he was smiling.

"Thank you, (Y/N)." He suddenly gave a gentle kiss on my cheek, and I already felt my face growing red. Kazuha chuckled. But, I want more.

More than this.

In his vulnerable state, I pulled him closer, and lunged in for a kiss.

At first, he looked at me, wide eyed, but he accepted the kiss, and his tongue was already entering my mouth.

I let out a soft, muffled moan, and wrapped my arms around his chest. Because of this unbalance, we both fell onto the grass, and so Kazuha was on top of me.

But, that didn't seem to stop him. His hands were pinning me to the ground, and I felt his tongue push deeper, exploring every section with it.

He closed his eyes, obviously enjoying this. It would be a lie if I said I didn't enjoy this.

Both of our tongues met, and I felt his, tasting of sweet wild mint. Did he chew on a mint leaf earlier??

He gently pulled away from the kiss, observing me for any sign of regret, but what was left was my soft pants.

I stared into his crimson eyes, which stared back at me with anticipation. My face was already flustered red, and while panting, I could feel something inside me growing.