Chapter 18

The Run

• • • + • • •

"(Y/N)." I heard Kazuha's voice. He shook my arm firmly. "(Y/N), wake up."

If he's shaking that hard, then it probably isn't good. The last time he shook me awake, was during when Tomo was dueling the Shogun.

"Hm..?" I forced myself to wake up, trying to fight off the tiredness from my body.

"(Y/N)! The soldiers are at my door- Oh-oh my archon I'm going to die!!" I heard Bee panic nearby.

S-Soldiers??

"(Y/N). Come on, we have to go." Kazuha nudged my arm, and so I hopped off the bed, and we both grabbed our blades.

"Wait! You're taking me with you, right? You're not going to leave me to die, right??" Bee looked at me, desperate.

"H-" I started to say, but Kazuha firmly interrupted me.

"I don't care if you come with us or not, but if you wish to live, then I advise you to follow us closely." He said. Couldn't have said it any better..

The three of us swiftly but quietly headed out the house from the back, and into the forest.

Kazuha started to pick up speed as we entered the woods, and I followed suite. However, I noticed that Bee was already panting behind me.

"Bee! Run faster!" I shouted, but Bee stopped, breathing heavily, and clutching their chest.

I tried to turn around and help them, but Kazuha placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Don't." He stared at me.

"B-But-!" I tried to protest, but he interrupted me.

"If you turn around, then you get at risk of being spotted and killed." Kazuha turned his head forward.

"You know I can't afford you getting killed."

I stared at him. Was I going crazy? Does he know that my friend is going to get captured by the soldiers??

He noticed my expression, but still continues running, picking up speed.

I can't. I can't lose another person again. If I die, then I would have died, trying to save someone's life, instead of running away.

I turned around, and ran my way over to Bee.

"(Y-(Y/N)!!" I heard Kazuha shout from behind me, but I continued running towards them.

"Bee!" I shouted. They looked at me, and smiled, breathing too heavily to even say words.

But even faster than a blink of an eye, an arrow, with highly concentrated elemental energy, struck their back, killing them instantly.

Their limp body fell onto my feet. When I looked up, I saw Sara, loading another arrow into her bow.

I couldn't run, I couldn't scream, I couldn't think properly.