Chapter 12

Helpless Wandering

• • • • • • •

My eyes widened in surprise.

"A vision.." I stared down. I tried to grab it to get a good look at it, but I flinched my hand back in pain, forgetting it was burned.

"Oh, right." He tears off part of his sleeve, and stands up. "Stay here, I'm going to go get water over there." He points at a near by pond. I nodded, and he rushed off.

I was left alone with my thoughts. Why do I have a vision? What did I do to deserve one? I only wanted to save Tomo, and now...

I wasn't able to save him.

I thought back to his last moments, where he smiled at me. The last time I saw him, I never said a proper goodbye. I never said anything.

"I'm here." Kazuha says as he rushed over back to me, but the cloth is slightly damp with water. Carefully, he tightly wrapped it on my hand, and I bit on the inside of my cheeks to deal with the pain.

Once that was done, I handed the empty vision to Kazuha, and he placed it next to his.

"Are there any other wounds? Did the old one re-open??" He asks sort of frantically while scanning my body.

"N-No, it's fine." I said, slowly getting up again. "I can run."

He looks at me with concern, but nodded. "We can't go back to the house now. After seeing that you're still alive, they would go back there again."

I nodded in agreement. "Where do we go now??" I asked, knowing there aren't many options.

"..." He looked off to the side, unsure of himself too. It was evident he was still in pain, but he was trying his hard to hide it.

"Then, let's stay here for tonight." I said suddenly. "We don't have to move now. We can sleep here, and start moving again tomorrow."

Kazuha looked at me, but with more pain in his eyes. He embraced me in a hug, and that's when he broke.

I hugged him tightly, slowly massaging his back, trying to calm his now uneven breathing. Nothing in this situation was fine.

"(Y-Y/N).." He stuttered my name between breaths.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Don't..." His grip on me got tighter. "D-Don't you ever lunge forward into danger like that again..." He sobs.

"I won't." I lied. "I promise. Not after what just..." I let my voice trail off, and the only sounds I heard were his sobs.

We both sat against the tree, him still leaning onto me, and I try to gather my thoughts again.

Tomo's dead. He's... dead.

And somehow, I have a vision, something I never really wanted.

And to top it all off, there are probably rumors in the city talking about how I'm still alive.