Chapter 15

Our Strength Together

• • • + • • •

- Kazuha's POV -

I knew I should have warned her, warned her about-

The sound of a drawing blade drew me back down from my thoughts, and I looked at (Y/N), who was holding their sword in a sign of desperation.

I slowly pulled mine out, and we now were back to back, enemies at all sides, ready to attack once engaged.

At first I was unsure about leaving (Y/N) in front of Sara's bow, but just understanding the situation, it would be a miracle to walk out alive, and unharmed.

I channeled my elemental energy in my blade, and from the red glow behind me, I could tell that she was trying to do the same.

(Y/N)... I tightened my grip on my blade. I'm not going to lose anyone else again.

- Reader's POV -

I felt the energy burning in the sword, something I never thought I'd be able to do.

Sara let go of her arrow, moving at a speed faster than before, but I finally released the concentrated energy at the single arrow with a swing of my blade.

The elemental reaction, where Pyro and Electro goes together, creates an overload. But, because of both of our highly concentrated elemental weapons , everything exploded within impact.

I stumbled back, but still gripped the sword in my hand, and stood back up into position. Sara looked at me surprised, but her face turned back into concentration.

I was able to hear Kazuha jump into the air, a gust of wind blew my hair in front of me. The overload was something I could take a hit, and continue fighting. That's it. I'm still alive.

Kazuha's wind swirls and the breeze was able to throw most soldiers off the ground, but the rest held firm to the ground.

Sara was already loading her second arrow, and so I tried to attack the other soldiers still on the ground. Trying to make my moves as chaotic as possible allows the soldiers to not know where the next hit will be.

Trying to understand Kazuha's demonstration from a few day's ago, I mimicked some of his style.

I felt another gust of wind, but this time, it was more powerful, a burning gust of wind. Kazuha looked at me for a brief moment, before continuing to fight.

I heard bodies drop onto the ground, cries of pain, and the groan of defeat from the soldiers.

I infused more elemental energy into my sword, this time however, to the point where it was glowing red, more lighter, but faster to swing, and more powerful on impact.

Hearing the arrow of the bow release from the tension, I blocked the arrow with the fire. This time however, both of our weapons were more concentrated with energy, that the overload was more powerful, causing an explosion, blasting me into the air.

I gripped my sword tightly, careful not to lose it. I expected to feel the sudden impact on the ground, possibly injuring my spine, but I felt a gentle grab in mid air.