Chapter 27

Amara's POV...

The next morning, I woke up to find myself in my chamber. I had fallen asleep on the couch in Ian's room with anger boiling through my veins.

"He must have put me to bed", I smiled at the thought. 'Gosh, it's happening again.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The house help just informed me that Ian had left for Greece early this morning. Didn't even think it was important to inform his wife? Why does it feel so disappointing, I got dressed and rushed to the office.

 Didn't even think it was important to inform his wife? Why does it feel so disappointing, I got dressed and rushed to the office

"Can you believe it? He left for Greece". I screamed into the cell to Elle and ended the call.

My old chauffeur who was driving the car, looked at me through the mirror and smiled warmly at me. "IT'S FINE KIDDO, HE MIGHT BE HAVING SOME URGENt WORK THAT IS WHY HE HASN'T FOUND THE TIME TO PERSONALLY INFORM YOU"

I smiled back at him as I nodded at his effort to comfort me. But I know that's not why he has left. I just don't understand what is his problem. I didn't ask for this marriage either. Why does he have to behave as if he is in this all alone and if he didn't want it as well why does he have to behave the way he does? I am bewildered by his actions, they are so off-putting. He can at least try and be civil.

"You know what, Let's just get through with this day."

Ten days later,

It's been ten days already, and Ian is still a no-show. No calls, no messages, no nothing, Nada. He hasn't bothered to check on me. Am I a nobody to him? Do I hold no place in his life aside from being a trophy wife who is burdened on him because of a business contract? 

Currently, I am huddled up in my room under my blanket, sipping on some jasmine tea. It helps with my anxiety you know...I switch on the television and watch Phil Dunphy and Claire Dunphy being hilarious as always which helps my nerves relax a little. I look at the clock and see it's 1 a.m. now. Time passed by real quick. I decide to sleep as I have no hope of getting a HEY, ARE YOU OKAY? from my husband. He is one big prick who thinks he can get angry with me for whatever reason, treat me like shit, and not behave, order me around, and tell me what to do. However, if things do not go according to him and people don't behave how he wants them to his huge ass ego gets hurt. He can suck my ass for all I care I am done worrying.

NEXT MORNING...

I woke up in the morning to being cuddled with this beautiful man I now call my husband. His scent took up all my senses and for a little while, I forgot why we were married and how he was missing from the past ten days without giving a fuck about me. I shifted closer to him as my eyes wandered around his beau features. I observed his baby-pink cheeks and long eyelashes, there were eyebags and he seemed exhausted, but he had a certain calm around him like he just won a war. I took my hand as I carefully caressed his hair locks out of his beautiful face.  "My beautiful husband."