||Chapter Thirteen||

||"We have a problem

||"We have a problem."||

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bucky had woken up that morning and made his way to the main floor. Of course after giving Knox a soft kiss on her sleeping body.

When he exited the elevator he ran right into Steve. "Oh! Sorry Buck." Steve had both his hands on Bucky's shoulders, and looked Bucky in the eyes.

"It's fine." Bucky flashed his ex friend a weak smile, completely remembering the talk with Knox last night. He went to walk past Steve, but he grabbed Bucky by his wrist, provoking Bucky to look at him.

Bucky's face showed slight annoyance, while he really was full of it. "Do you want to go on a walk with me?" Steve asked, grabbing Bucky's attention.

He gave Steve questioning looks before nodding his head, "Sure."

The two walked outside, Steve seemed off the entire time. Bucky soon started thinking of the possibilities, only coming up with one. He obviously needs to tell me something. As long as it isn't 'I like you' bullshit.

Steve turned to look at Bucky half way through the walk. Taking a deep breath in. "I don't know how to tell you this. But I think I have feelings for you."

James' face dropped. "That's normal. I had huge feelings for you since the late 30's." He admitted causing Steve's face to light up and hug Bucky tightly. Bucky slowly pushed him away. "Steve, I said had." Steve's emotions immediately changed.

"What happened? What caused them to be different?" Steve's voice cracked a tiny bit.

"Steve, it's been almost 80 years." Bucky spoke softly not really knowing how to approach this. "My mind was erased of you." He lied.

"That's okay we can build it up again!" Steve nearly begged, and it was now when Bucky realized this wasn't the Steve he knew. Steve was acting completely different.

Bucky was going to say something when Knox walked up. "Is everything okay? Steve you look panicked." Knox rested her hand on Bucky's shoulder, and he took it off of him and into his hand.

He decided to show what he was going to say. He looked at Steve with sympathy, knowing how it felt for Bucky the first time he saw Steve fall in love with Peggy.

Knox couldn't pick up on the situation, she looked at them like they were crazy. A silly smile on her face, but turned sour when she saw the complete sadness on Bucky's face.

She couldn't find words to say to try and get them out of this situation. "Knox could you lea-" Steve started, but didn't get to finish.

"I'll leave." She finished for him, and she walked away. Bucky looked at him with his eyebrows furrowed. No one tells his girl to leave, she can do anything she wants.

Steve looked down, his hands on his hips, then looked back up at Bucky. "It's her. You love her." Steve showed slight anger. "A girl who thinks she better than everyone else here." Bucky became shocked at what Steve was saying. "A girl who is is completely mysterious."

"I know her past and that's all that matters." Bucky couldn't handle it anymore.

"Oh okay then what is her past." Steve crossed his arms.

"That is absolutely none of your business." Bucky argued, sticking up for someone who was there for him in the darkest times.

"When have you two met?!" Steve was getting angry, and even Knox could tell yards away. She watched as Steve got closer and closer to Bucky, who continuously backed away, little by little.

"That is none of your business!" Bucky screamed, getting protective.

"Is she even who she says she is?!" Steve yelled back. "She's a little bitch who has no right taking my best friend from me!" Steve shocked Bucky with that one, till Bucky realized what he said.

Bucky's hand raised an just as it was about to make contact with Steve's face Knox came in between them. She faced Bucky who immediately stopped his fist centimeters away from her nose. He immediately went soft, grabbing both side of her face.

"Baby you can't do that! I almost hit you!" Bucky looked her deep in the eyes, showing how worried he was. She smiled a soft smile at him.

Steve watched all of this happen. "Knox you are off the team. I'll give you 3 days to pack your bags." Knox immediately turned to Steve with shock.

"But-" She tried but Steve shook his head.

"I don't think we can trust you. Right Bucky?" He tried to get Bucky in on it as if she didn't just see Bucky try to punch Steve, as if she didn't just see them arguing.

"Hell no! That's your plan! And if she's leaving then I am too!" Bucky stood up for her.

"Damnit Buck!" He whined, then pointed a finger to Knox. "Lucky you. You can stay." After that Steve walked away.

"James what the hell just happened!?" Knox asked, completely confused at this point. Bucky didn't even really have an answer, he shook his head.

He put his hand in her lower back and lead her back inside, and back onto their floor.

"We have a problem." Bucky grabbed a glass and filled it with liquor, he leaned against the kitchen counter.

Knox stood in front of him, putting her hands on his waist. "I can tell." With one hand staying still on his waist, the other ran up and down his chest.

"We need to talk about the plan soon." He swallowed the rest of the drink and placed the cup in the counter next to him. He looked down at her, his hair in a bun but a few strands lose.

"It's all up to you." Knox reassured, leaning her head on his chest. He smiled softly as he wrapped his arms around her.

"You should have let me punched him." Bucky suggested causing Knox to chuckle.

"You would've destroy him, then there's no fun in it." She closed her eyes slowly, taking in the moment, even if it wasn't a good one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the short and crappy chapter, my dad recently found this... And I'm still freaking out over it. My focus isn't completely on the book.

Thx
-umbrella_boi_fan