||Chapter Nineteen||

||Created, Not Born||

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When the sun finally started to shine through the kitchen curtains, they finally put up all the empty bottles and glasses.

"I hate this curse of a serum." Knox said taking the last sip of the last bottle of Scotch.

"I forgot that you didn't even ask for it. That they just gave it to you." Bucky said, walking back to between her legs.

She stared at the wall behind Bucky, remembering everything a little too well.

---

"Uncle red." Knox asked, her adoptive father being Alexander Pierce.

"Yes Knox." Red Skull asked, working on a project. He didn't pay attention to her, since he was too busy. He mostly was.

Pierce never wanted anything to do with Knox, he gave her to Red Skull to help make her become Miss Hydra. A name that was given to her since birth. Knox's birth mother was stalked. By The Winter Soldier himself. In fact the project "Uncle Red" was working on, was the idea of her special serum. It was pieced off of The Winter Soldier's but with spice. With heat. With fire. Knox didn't know she was adopted, nor picked before she was born. Her mother, a half alien, half human. Her father, a lab experiment, a mutant. A dead one at that.

In that file, was everything about her. And under her file, was her father's. A man who was a coward and was terrified of the results he wanted, that he payed so much for. He ran away, meeting a sweet woman whom he fell in love with.

But once Hydra found out where he went, and even worse when they found out his wife was expecting, they laid low. This is where The Winter Soldier comes in. His assignment was to protect the mother, but stay unknown. So that's what he did.

Of course he didn't know that was Knox in her mothers belly. Nor did he know that her parents were killed right after the birth. In fact he wasn't even aware she was birthed, he just assumed. But that doesn't mean something in the back of his mind clicked when he saw Knox call Red Skull, "Uncle Red".

Anyway back to the main memory...

"Zola said I should almost be ready for Operation Phoenix. What is that?" Knox asked, Zola being another main caretaker. Her 6 year old hand landed on Red Skulls arm, which he slid down and held her hand.